Buffalo Bills player collapses on field…game suspended…

Game has been officially suspended for the evening.

Lot’s of rumors about the player’s fate…but nothing official yet.

Has to be pretty damn serious to cancel a Monday Night Football game, though.

Reportedly, Roger Goodell told the teams to play the game and the two head coaches told him to pound sand. That’s when the game was canceled.

My money is on a torn aorta.

Either that, I'm thinking sudden cardiac arrest or something called, commotio cordis (sudden hit to chest) at a certain point of ECG that would result in arrest. R on T phenomenon its called.

We'll see.

Multiple sources are saying he had cardiac arrest.

Young and healthy. Either a hidden arrhythmia or what I thought above. I presume these guys go through lots of physicals and stuff. Happens once in a while, healthy sports players drop from sudden arrest. Usually, it's a Vfib arrest, CPR, defibrillation plus ICU care ends in ok results. Hopefully, this is the case. I'm not a football guy but a 24 male, healthy with a mom in the stands, fucking bad day.

Either that, I'm thinking sudden cardiac arrest or something called, commotio cordis (sudden hit to chest)...

We'll see.

This.^

Very mixed emotions about last night. This is the 1st game I bet on since I was a kid, I put $50 on Bills covering the spread at 2.5 and $50 on Stefon Diggs scoring a TD. I think I'm going to clear my MGM account after this game if they decide to play it out.

Sad to see a young dude like that go down the way he did.

People yammering "it must be the covid vaccine!" and I want to punch them in the throat.

No, but after watching a few videos two days ago about young healthy people dropping dead of sudden cardiac arrest, I wanted to spend some time looking into the numbers when I have a chance. A couple of cardiologists came out talking about it but all I did was watch a short video.

Commotio cordis is well known and he clearly took two shots to his chest, one on the hit and another when he fell on top of him.

In grad school I had a friend who was once on the Yale football team and put a hit on a Harvard player in the Yale/Harvard game that knocked both players unconscious and injured my friend so severely that he couldn't fulfill his dream of becoming a Marine.

Not a direct correlation I know, just along the same vein of weird football injuries.

In grad school I had a friend who was once on the Yale football team and put a hit on a Harvard player in the Yale/Harvard game that knocked both players unconscious and injured my friend so severely that he couldn't fulfill his dream of becoming a Marine.

Not a direct correlation I know, just along the same vein of weird football injuries.

My middle son, who ended up in baseball, was also the quarterback of his HS varsity team. He took a hit that knocked him unconscious and it was that hit that made him chose baseball over football.

Like the great Stan Musial said: “You’re one injury away from the end of your career.”

And—as we know—that statement can also apply the military.

I was fine with the dudes tearing up or even openly crying. They get caught up in the emotion of the game, the events transpiring, and likely see themselves lying out there on the field getting resuscitated on national television.

I fully believe that the NFL told the coaches, “you’ve got 5 minutes”; even though both the NFL and Player’s association now deny that deadline took place.

There were millions and millions of dollars in play last night; as well as playoff and standing positions at play. To me this sets a precedent for canceling future games for … a leg break? A bad concussion?

No one will ever convince me that the NFL did not direct the teams that “the show must go on”, and the League folded when the coaches and players pushed back.

There were millions and millions of dollars in play last night; as well as playoff and standing positions at play. To me this sets a precedent for canceling future games for … a leg break? A bad concussion?

I can't think of the last time an ambulance was brought onto the field while CPR was being conducted.

The NFL does a lot of sketchy shit that fans look the other way on, but continuing the game after that probably would have been the biggest push-back they've gotten in years.

I can't think of the last time an ambulance was brought onto the field while CPR was being conducted.

The NFL does a lot of sketchy shit that fans look the other way on, but continuing the game after that probably would have been the biggest push-back they've gotten in years.

Last time I can think of was a college game, not pro (Daily Press - We are currently unavailable in your region). I was one of the medics that responded, our bus was stationed at the event. They resumed the game, like an hour later. Even though it was a referee and not a player, there was a metric shit-ton of controversy and anger over resuming the game.

The actual on-field resuscitation was an absolute clusterfuck, @Muppet would have loved this: docs coming out of the woodwork, everyone wanted to be in charge, yadda yadda yadda. The fact the guy lived is a testament to rapid CPR and defib and not because of the docs in attendance. We had to use police to keep everyone except EMS and team physician (ortho, didn't even have ACLS) back.

Last edited:
Last time I can think of was a college game, not pro (Daily Press - We are currently unavailable in your region). I was one of the medics that responded, our bus was stationed at the event. They resumed the game, like an hour later. Even though it was a referee and not a player, there was a metric shit-ton of controversy and anger over resuming the game.

The actual on-field resuscitation was an absolute clusterfuck, @Muppet would have loved this: docs coming out of the woodwork, everyone wanted to be in charge, yadda yadda yadda. The fact the guy lived is a testament to rapid CPR and defib and not because of the docs in attendance. We had to use police to keep everyone except EMS and team physician (ortho, didn't even have ACLS) back.

Gotta love the Ricky rescues that want to flex. There's a reason team docs and EMS are there.

Back