Canuckistan trade wars...

There's a saying here in the Sunshine State: Happiness is 100,000 New Yorkers headed north with a Canadian under each arm.

@RackMaster Canadians are welcome here. Trudeau Canadians can fuck off.

No biggie, not like Americans are working in those stores, etc, in Canada.

Feel free to stay in Canada, especially this winter. Florida will survive.

NY Post just trying to gin up some outrage.

No biggie, not like Americans are working in those stores, etc, in Canada.

Feel free to stay in Canada, especially this winter. Florida will survive.

NY Post just trying to gin up some outrage.

No it's completely legit and they're talking online and cross border shopping. I honestly can't believe how many Canadian's don't realize how connected our economies are and how fucked we're going to be once the cold hits.

This is all because Trudeau is up for re-election next year and he's already doing shitty. The sticking point is our dairy and poultry "cartels", supply management, which only accounts for 6% of all our agriculture. It goes back to post war and has no real benefit now, the only dairy farms that support it are all corporations now and the idiots that support them can afford our expensive food to begin with.

No it's completely legit and they're talking online and cross border shopping. I honestly can't believe how many Canadian's don't realize how connected our economies are and how fucked we're going to be once the cold hits.

This is all because Trudeau is up for re-election next year and he's already doing shitty. The sticking point is our dairy and poultry "cartels", supply management, which only accounts for 6% of all our agriculture. It goes back to post war and has no real benefit now, the only dairy farms that support it are all corporations now and the idiots that support them can afford our expensive food to begin with.
Trudeau could cut the tariffs by 50% and both sides could declare a win.
Let's see how long this goes on.

Idk how it's working up in the northern states, but 90% of the carbon steel we're using down here comes from Mexico. Stainless and Aluminum tend to be USA made products. But I imagine that's more to do with geographic location. I honestly don't know what the major issues are with the trade situation, but obviously hate to see us putting relationships with both Candada and Mexico in binds. That said, in my current trade (welder/fabricator) these tariffs are affecting my customer base more than me, but I can see a long term affect with my residential clients not being able to afford some of the more common projects due to cost hikes.

I just hope it gets worked out soon, it may be good for the production side of the American worker, but it will have a ripple effect on the trades and mainly the consumers in the long run.

Last edited:
Look, the best way to end this trade war is the only sensible course of action....

Invasion. Canadians are too polite to form an insurgency, we have free, shitty gov't run healthcare, and we can allow them to keep their land as a territory or whatever crap Puerto Rico does...and no pesky hurricanes! They have oil, inhospitable terrain, a crappy leader...they're Iraq light.

Huh.

35334996_172086700305867_3506981070815887360_n.jpg

Found a neat video on Canada's dairy industry. From what I understand, the Canadian consumer gets hosed at the register due to the lobbying power of the dairy industry in Canada.

Some of my friends from Northern Idaho have also mentioned Canadians buying groceries, especially multiple 10lb blocks of cheese, across the border due to the lower cost.

On the bright side, I've heard that beef tends to fall within the same price as chicken over in Canukistan. @RackMaster is the beef pricing thing true?

Last edited:
Found a neat video on Canada's dairy industry. From what I understand, the Canadian consumer gets hosed at the register due to the lobbying power of the dairy industry in Canada.

Some of my friends from Northern Idaho have also mentioned Canadians buying groceries, especially multiple 10lb blocks of cheese, across the border due to the lower cost.

On the bright side, I've heard that beef tends to fall within the same price as chicken over in Canukistan. @RackMaster is the beef pricing thing true?

Beef pricing varies, the only "standardized beef prices you'll find is if it's Alberta beef but they have a brand to protect and its quality meat. It's similar to American poultry pricing but poultry here is "fixed" just like dairy. The same model is used for dairy, chicken, turkey and eggs.

Back