Corona Body 2020

Wish we had a backyard I would have done the same. Even though the missus is a triathlete I'd probably get schwacked for taking over the garage even more. But impressive!

This whole ordeal has reminded me of a lot of things that we need to do when we buy our house. Have space for a big enough pain cave to fit both of our turbo trainers, a treadmill, a squat rack, and space to either infill a 25m pool or an endlass spa. Between the two of us paying for the gym the past three years we probably could have bought a brand new Woodway.

Last edited:
Wish we had a backyard I would have done the same. Even though the missus is a triathlete I'd probably get schwacked for taking over the garage even more. But impressive!

This whole ordeal has reminded me of a lot of things that we need to do when we buy our house. Have space for a big enough pain cave to fit both of our turbo trainers, a treadmill, a squat rack, and space to either infill a 25m pool or an endlass spa. Between the two of us paying for the gym the past three years we probably could have bought a brand new Woodway.
Indoor pools require a robust ventilation system because of the additional heat/humidity. ;-)

LL

Apparently it was this kind of day, luckily it happened at the end of the ride and was only a mile away from home...but I guess it's time to carry a flat kit on my road bike now.
92952838_10159747371019498_6166027149477150720_n.jpg

A fix kit isn't going to work well on a tire split. That's an unusual puncture. Tube puncture is easy to deal with a road set.

A fix kit isn't going to work well on a tire split. That's an unusual puncture. Tube puncture is easy to deal with a road set.
But a dollar bill and new tube would get me home.

Went to the shop, got new tires for the roadie since that one is now worthless. I have a bunch of 25c that I use for my tri bike but on this one I used 27c tires.

Recovery started out kind of shit. Kind of thought I would try to keep the same intensity, just at a lower volume, probably a bad idea but the old rig wants to run a bit slower which is fine. Sundays normally are 50 minute trainer ride and then a strength session but I did a virtual 10k, so that probably didn't help capping off the week. Have been really good on nutrition and continue down trending on the scale in a sustainable manner, eating more KCals than I was at the beginning.

I'm trying drink more water. I've been mixing about 3/4 water and 1/4 lemonade to add some flavor which is great because I'm probably drinking around 120oz daily. That said, the lemonade has about 120 calories per serving which means in a day I'm adding 600 calories that I'd otherwise not be trying to burn off.

What do you guys add to your water outside of bourbon and whiskey?

I'm happy just drinking water. But try some lemon or lime juice in your water if you're struggling, an extra 600 cal a day worth of flavouring isn't going to do you any favours long term. that's about 16 weeks worth of energy a year.

Back