Corona Body 2020

I took a break from Keto through the weekend, and egg salad and tuna salad are new and wonderful again.

In covid shutdown news, the place I live has a gym. They are social distancing it, which means, reservations 24 hours in advance. 1 hour of use. 1 person at a time.

The upside (besides loving being the only one there) is the reservation system is forcing me to structure my day, which thank Christ I'm doing.

Also, I tried Hoist from because it was at the gas station, I heard about it from @amlove21 's IG podcast -- and, dang, it is SO GOOD.

I swear-- its great. The taste is great. I felt like crap then I didn't. It's a super electrolyte drink, only has 7 carbs (I only drink coffee and eat egg/tuna salad) so it's fine for keto and me, and I'm stoked about it.

Anyway, I'm back at it and down to 195. 40 pounds since mid-June when I started.
That's so awesome!

I stopped too, and I'm back at it too, and I'm dropping weight super fast. I don't really know how much I'm trying to lose, but I'm wearing clothes from 08 and I like it.

That's so awesome!

I stopped too, and I'm back at it too, and I'm dropping weight super fast. I don't really know how much I'm trying to lose, but I'm wearing clothes from 08 and I like it.

I guess keto is sustainable, for me it isn't. For me, and obviously everyone's mileage will vary, it is a means to an end. I'm fine with that because 40 pounds...folks don't realize what that does to your body. The weight comes on slowly, so you don't see the increase in blood pressure and heart rate. It isn't a sudden shock, it is gradual and your new normal doesn't seem outlandish.

Until you lose the weight and see where you were.

I'll ride this keto train for another 10-15 pounds and then figure out what's next.

In covid shutdown news, the place I live has a gym. They are social distancing it, which means, reservations 24 hours in advance. 1 hour of use. 1 person at a time.

The upside (besides loving being the only one there) is the reservation system is forcing me to structure my day, which thank Christ I'm doing.
That's not a gym. That's a spa with weights.

I'm down from 204 in mid-September to 194. Been fasting and eating less. Back to the gym for the first time since April. Also hitting the mountain bike for short rides on pavement. So far so good.

I'm down about 12kg (sorry don't know what that is in horse hands to the barrel of rum you lot use) in two months which I'm quite happy about.

Re sustainability. I get bored with it because I'm a bit of a foodie and enjoy cooking and hosting but have to stick in there.

I'm down about 12kg (sorry don't know what that is in horse hands to the barrel of rum you lot use)

And that's why you're in a third world country. That's okay, you can recover and become something of value. We believe in you and your hunk of rock!

And that's why you're in a third world country. That's okay, you can recover and become something of value. We believe in you and your hunk of rock!

I take solace that we're always better than Australia.

I became quite a "foodie" when I went full PALEO...we have a thread on that somewhere. What I learned from that is with just a few spices you can cook amazing food. However, I like RICE, and cauliflower doesn't cut it.

So...well I'd lost 15 of the 30 after 30 and then I put on the 'Rona 20. Stepped on the scale three different times in September and was like-this is the heaviest I've been since my sophomore year of HS. Well cut back most of the drinking and tightened the foods up. Cut 7lbs.

I became quite a "foodie" when I went full PALEO...we have a thread on that somewhere. What I learned from that is with just a few spices you can cook amazing food. However, I like RICE, and cauliflower doesn't cut it.

So...well I'd lost 15 of the 30 after 30 and then I put on the 'Rona 20. Stepped on the scale three different times in September and was like-this is the heaviest I've been since my sophomore year of HS. Well cut back most of the drinking and tightened the foods up. Cut 7lbs.

I think if I didn't eat after supper and limited my boozing until the weekends, I could also drop a few pounds...

I take solace that we're always better than Australia.

matt leblanc brothers GIF by CBS

One of the downsides I've found with keto is that it's harder to train hard since my energy goes quickly. I also found this was the case with hockey where I'd get gassed towards the middle of the game. Talking to my PT about it he ended up having a chat with a powerlifter who does keto and she suggested some pre workout, which is what she does before she trains. Part of my problem as well was that sometimes I had little to no appetite which didn't help when I was trying to eat before a workout but just didn't feel like it. So I had half a preworkout satchel and ate about an hour and half beforehand and had a very good gym session.

Can someone tell me what I was doing wrong with Keto? I was forced to drink ridiculous amounts of water like I mean always drinking water or I would get severe headaches. I know drinking water is recommended anyway but it's very inconvenient to drink water all the time. Am I an anomaly or is this normal on Keto?

Non medical reply: Quite possibly your electrolytes were down. I put low sodium salt into water and sip on that during the day and guzzle it for the first few days.

Non medical reply: Quite possibly your electrolytes were down. I put low sodium salt into water and sip on that during the day and guzzle it for the first few days.
It was happening weeks in to the diet. It was crazy. I thought it was the electrolytes too. I was adding this electrolyte powder to my water (thortz) and I still got the headaches. I guess it just wasn't for me.

So after basically being an asshole to myself all summer and into early fall and gaining a bunch of weight, amazing how much a race cancellation gets into your psyche. I'm down 7.5 lbs from the highest I'm been post high school Freshman year.

Honestly, moderation doesn't really work for me unless I'm in complete fighting shape which tends to be 185-195lbs. So I went complete cold turkey. Rebuilding my volume for running right now. Cycling power seems to have completely fallen off the cliff, probably what I get for choosing mostly "flat" courses on zwift so limiting the amount of erg mode resistance. Still in search of 4x10lbs plates and 2x5lb plates for the garage gym.

ETA: Yesterday I truly learned what suffering on the bike trainer entails. A bit ago I decided to stop doing the flat shit on zwift, was focused more on miles than on building power (stupid idea btw, focus on building power!!). In the first 9 miles of the workout there was 1430 feet of climbing.

20201212_135407.jpg

Last edited:
Back