Corona Body 2020

I'm happy just drinking water. But try some lemon or lime juice in your water if you're struggling, an extra 600 cal a day worth of flavouring isn't going to do you any favours long term. that's about 16 weeks worth of energy a year.

Exactly. It is a lot. I've tried limes and lemons in the past and found my self using too many to be able to taste. I've probably killed some taste buds after smoking a pack or more a day from the time I was 13 until I was 27.

I'm trying drink more water. I've been mixing about 3/4 water and 1/4 lemonade to add some flavor which is great because I'm probably drinking around 120oz daily. That said, the lemonade has about 120 calories per serving which means in a day I'm adding 600 calories that I'd otherwise not be trying to burn off.

What do you guys add to your water outside of bourbon and whiskey?
Drink my water chilled and my whiskey neat.

Exactly. It is a lot. I've tried limes and lemons in the past and found my self using too many to be able to taste. I've probably killed some taste buds after smoking a pack or more a day from the time I was 13 until I was 27.

I'll make infused water if I'm wanting something different, either cut some cucumber and lemon in or strawberry if I have it and let it sit for a day. Otherwise I just drink straight water.

Just bought a bottle. Thanks, Amazon.

I use it all the time. I tend to rotate flavors to keep it interesting. The other thing I do is use soda stream to carbonate water. Something about it being carbonated makes it more interesting than tap water.

They say once we get through all this Covid/lock down stuff, you'll be one of 3 things:
a hunk, chunk, or drunk

I'm probably working on the last two, with an emphasis on the middle one - gaining my Corona 15. Time to knock it off and motivate myself to get back in shape again...

Last edited:
I broke down and started a keto diet a month ago. I'm overweight, high BP, etc. I dropped a little over 10 pounds the first month. While I know that's water weight and whatever, my glasses are even a little loose now. I don't feel bloated and sluggish from eating a ton of heavy starches. Workouts = 0, same as my 28 YO coworker who started this and has kept at a steady 1.8 pounds per week (though he's an animal and keeping his carbs to less than 100g a week).

Anyway, it hasn't been as hard as I thought, it hasn't been easy at times, but I haven't moped around wailing at the loss of my beloved tater tots and fried chicken tenders. Just some uh....you see this coming..."food for thought" for some of you out there.

They say once we get through all this Covid/lock down stuff, you'll be one of 3 things:
a hunk, chunk, or drunk

I'm probably working on the last two, with an emphasis on the middle one - gaining my Corona 15. Time to knock it off and motivate myself to get back in shape again...
So, her Birthday was two weeks ago. We started it with a Bourbon Dinner out, which was amazing. Then we spent a weekend in Flagstaff with her parents, and then we moved this last week. Time to get back on the wagon.

I broke down and started a keto diet a month ago. I'm overweight, high BP, etc. I dropped a little over 10 pounds the first month. While I know that's water weight and whatever, my glasses are even a little loose now. I don't feel bloated and sluggish from eating a ton of heavy starches. Workouts = 0, same as my 28 YO coworker who started this and has kept at a steady 1.8 pounds per week (though he's an animal and keeping his carbs to less than 100g a week).

Anyway, it hasn't been as hard as I thought, it hasn't been easy at times, but I haven't moped around wailing at the loss of my beloved tater tots and fried chicken tenders. Just some uh....you see this coming..."food for thought" for some of you out there.

I'll be starting a "keto month" along with heavily restricting my alcohol in August. I'm open to any advice you have on your keto journey. I tried Vegan-ish in April and it was meh. No weight loss, but I felt bloated. I *did* however sleep a lot better..

-BREAK-

I'm about halfway through a two week quarantine. Trying to do body weight exercises to break up the monotony and noticing some progress. Biggest thing is that despite being weak still on push ups, my right shoulder pain is essential non-existent. Progress is nice. (I set my motorcycle down in late 2018 and spent the latter half of 2019 in physical therapy for the shoulder injury)

I'll be starting a "keto month" along with heavily restricting my alcohol in August. I'm open to any advice you have on your keto journey. I tried Vegan-ish in April and it was meh. No weight loss, but I felt bloated. I *did* however sleep a lot better..

Getting enough fiber in your diet will take "some" work because of the carbs, so you have to kind of plan your meals. I'm overseas and some days the local DFAC isn't the best for a keto diet, but you make do. Google for keto recipes and you'll have a billion options if you can cook. There are a lot of simple recipes out there. For example, I dearly love alfredo sauce, but pasts is out. Enter zucchini and now alfredo is back. I'll add butter to eggs or even a simple chicken breast for the fats. You have to watch your protein intake too, so I'd Google for your bodyweight and recommended protein amounts.

You want to have no more than 50g carbs a day and that included dietary fiber. Benefiber is good for a day when I'm good on my carb count, but struggling for fiber (broccoli and cauliflower are great for fiber goals).

Daily, I try to have one avacado. Breakfast is usually 3 eggs with ham and cheese plus added butter. I shoot for 30g carbs, 10g per meal, to give me a cushion under 50g. If I have an "off" meal or borderline day it doesn't seem to matter.

Drink a lot of water. A decent chunk of my 14 pounds in a month is probably water weight.

Two go to meals for me are a can of tuna with things like red onion, mayo, mustard, and cucumber. While the mayo has fat I tend to add a little extra olive oil. You can also take a can of tuna and add onion, peppers, avacado, etc. and add olive oil and lime juice as a dressing.

There are a lot of simple recipes you can make and if you are eating at a DFAC, you just have to make some hard choices at times. With that said, I can't recall a meal that I ate, and hated, just to have something to eat.

The "keto flu." I didn't get it minus a headache at the base of my skull for a few weeks. A coworker never had any side effects, and it really put a hurting on my wife. Increase your sodium intake if you can, that seems to help some.

Good luck.

I went off keto for 2 weeks, starting back up on Monday. My brain got to a point where it couldn't take another rich, fatty meal or the same thing over and over. My weight loss was also plateauing, so I figured a mental and physical break, even if I put on some weight (which I have but not much), was needed.

Back