Covid-19

I had both shots due to my wife having cancer (she passed away this passed Oct) then had the virus New Year's Eve. Only symptom was loss of smell.
Glad to hear the symptoms were reduced over NYE, but also very sorry to hear about your wife. Best wishes to you in working through such a loss.

Glad to hear the symptoms were reduced over NYE, but also very sorry to hear about your wife. Best wishes to you in working through such a loss.
Locksteady - She married me right after graduating high school while I was still in the Corps. I was not home when our 3 children were born. Got notified I wasn't supposed to make it when I was in Nam during one of my deployments. She spit shined my boots when I went before the OCS Board. Never saw a barbershop when home. She held the family together. The last few years she made quilts to be auctioned off at the 2d Recon BN Association get togethers at Camp LeJeune to make sure the younger Marines would have money to go home on holidays. Put up with me for 57 years.

Locksteady - She married me right after graduating high school while I was still in the Corps. I was not home when our 3 children were born. Got notified I wasn't supposed to make it when I was in Nam during one of my deployments. She spit shined my boots when I went before the OCS Board. Never saw a barbershop when home. She held the family together. The last few years she made quilts to be auctioned off at the 2d Recon BN Association get togethers at Camp LeJeune to make sure the younger Marines would have money to go home on holidays. Put up with me for 57 years.
Sounds like you got the best one. I’m sorry for your loss.

You were a blessed man among men, my Brother! She sounds like she was a true gift....

I'm so very sorry for your loss brother. It's a lifetime.

West Point lifted their indoor mask mandate today. Score.

awesome fans GIF by FC Red Bull Salzburg

I have a good friend from my college days who is a highly skilled bio-mechanical engineer (and, I suspect, a legit genius). He worked for a well-known tech company, who (like most organizations) sent their people home during COVID. It had been a while since I spoke with him, so when we talked a couple of days ago it shocked me to learn that he got fired from his job over refusing to get the COVID jab.

Here's the kicker: his work was 100% remote. He did all of his work from home. All of his client interactions were via VTC. He told his company that he didn't have a problem with people getting the vaccine, he had a problem with people telling him he had to get it, especially since his work was remote and he already contracted COVID. Twice. They suspended him with pay for two weeks and then fired him. Now, of course, they want him back but because of the reasons I mentioned in my first sentence, he has already moved on.

We did a lot of stupid shit, and a lot of stupid shit to people, during COVID. The above is just one example. Firing a high performing, work-from-home employee over a shot he didn't need, and that turned out to not work like they said it would anyway? Pure dumbassery.

I have a good friend from my college days who is a highly skilled bio-mechanical engineer (and, I suspect, a legit genius). He worked for a well-known tech company, who (like most organizations) sent their people home during COVID. It had been a while since I spoke with him, so when we talked a couple of days ago it shocked me to learn that he got fired from his job over refusing to get the COVID jab.

Here's the kicker: his work was 100% remote. He did all of his work from home. All of his client interactions were via VTC. He told his company that he didn't have a problem with people getting the vaccine, he had a problem with people telling him he had to get it, especially since his work was remote and he already contracted COVID. Twice. They suspended him with pay for two weeks and then fired him. Now, of course, they want him back but because of the reasons I mentioned in my first sentence, he has already moved on.

We did a lot of stupid shit, and a lot of stupid shit to people, during COVID. The above is just one example. Firing a high performing, work-from-home employee over a shot he didn't need, and that turned out to not work like they said it would anyway? Pure dumbassery.

The government's mandate to force companies with over 100 personnel to get vaccinated led to people acting insane. Many of them are liberal, why incredibly smart people also can't use deductive reasoning, I don't know. But massively large companies that went 100% remote did that, and on top of that they forced vaccinated remote workers to get COVID tests and submit them...while working remote. So yeah, no wonder that case rate kept climbing. 🙄

Back