Covid-19

The policies have been very non-sensical. Example: on Sunday at my daughter's piano recital we all have to wear masks. Same venue Monday, no masks because at midnight Sunday they drop the mask mandate. Six-foot social distancing. Endless boosters based on narrow-range retrospective data. It's all been motivated by things other than science.

I have a good friend from my college days who is a highly skilled bio-mechanical engineer (and, I suspect, a legit genius). He worked for a well-known tech company, who (like most organizations) sent their people home during COVID. It had been a while since I spoke with him, so when we talked a couple of days ago it shocked me to learn that he got fired from his job over refusing to get the COVID jab.

Here's the kicker: his work was 100% remote. He did all of his work from home. All of his client interactions were via VTC. He told his company that he didn't have a problem with people getting the vaccine, he had a problem with people telling him he had to get it, especially since his work was remote and he already contracted COVID. Twice. They suspended him with pay for two weeks and then fired him. Now, of course, they want him back but because of the reasons I mentioned in my first sentence, he has already moved on.

We did a lot of stupid shit, and a lot of stupid shit to people, during COVID. The above is just one example. Firing a high performing, work-from-home employee over a shot he didn't need, and that turned out to not work like they said it would anyway? Pure dumbassery.

My brother-in-law in an electrical engineer for a well-known power company on the east coast. He works from home a couple days a week, works in the office a coupe days a week. In the office he shares a large space separated into cubicles. When he has a team meeting in the office, they have to use Zoom, even though everyone in their cubicle can hear each other, and if they stand up, can see each other. They won't let them use the conference room, in which the actual spacing is exactly the same, just not separated by cubicle walls.

The policies have been very non-sensical.
As a federal employee, the policies have been insane...I travel a lot...from April through October, sometimes into November a typical month involves being on the road 12-19 days at a whack, living in motels or bunkhouses at refuges...in 2020, I got a request from a refuge to do an "emergency" survey (the manager flies off the handle anytime there's activity near her boundary)...I requested travel, had to write a risk assessment, determine funding sources, etc...the funding came back approved but the grown ups were worried about my lodging...they denied my request to stay in a motel due to CoVid...the bunkhouse was occupied, so they recommended I stay in a bed and breakfast...I asked how sharing accomodations with others in a B&B was any different than a motel and was told to shut up and see what I could find...when I made arrangements at a B&B, the accountants denied the funding because federal employees can stay at such accomodations only if the duration of the stay is greater than 30 days...then, it was decided that I should look into staying at a campground...when I asked how staying at a campground and sharing sanitary facilities was any less risky than a motel, I was told to look into remote campgrounds...when I asked where I would charge the batteries necessary to do my job, they relented and authorized my travel and permitted me to stay in a motel...

Then there's the whole return to office scenario...it looks like my coworkers will not be back at their desks until early May...two weeks to flatten the curve has turned into two+ years...I will not be joining them, as I am retiring from the Fish and Wildlife Service later this month and beginning a new job with a private concern in Nevada...my bride seems to be happy with this turn of events...LOL

So many of us called this retarded shit in the beginning. Nothing but panicked partisan bullshit based on no science.

Funny how, my body, my choice only matters for women and abortions but not the jab.

The cunt liberals say, "trust the science" but when you say, there's only 2 genders, they up and dump the science.

So many of us called this retarded shit in the beginning. Nothing but panicked partisan bullshit based on no science.

Funny how, my body, my choice only matters for women and abortions but not the jab.

The cunt liberals say, "trust the science" but when you say, there's only 2 genders, they up and dump the science.

I was in on a lot of the response and planning meetings 2 years ago, and basically disinvited when I started calling for the science behind some of the mandates, particularly the social distancing. I asked, "can I really get covid if I am 5 ft from you and I cannot get it if I am 7 ft?" I was a thorn in the side, and people did not like it.

I was in on a lot of the response and planning meetings 2 years ago, and basically disinvited when I started calling for the science behind some of the mandates, particularly the social distancing. I asked, "can I really get covid if I am 5 ft from you and I cannot get it if I am 7 ft?" I was a thorn in the side, and people did not like it.
Imagine for a moment where we would be today if there wasn’t those like you that did that. We may never know the impact that those of you that “questioned” the system made - though it may seem small - every little bit helped.

Imagine for a moment where we would be today if there wasn’t those like you that did that. We may never know the impact that those of you that “questioned” the system made - though it may seem small - every little bit helped.

I have an enormously low tolerance of bullshit; I was the hyper-classic "why?" child. I don't like arbitrary 'because I said so' rules. This has gotten me trouble as a kid, in the military, and in almost every job I've ever had. It's either a good character trait or character flaw, and one that gets addressed almost every year in my eval.

I have an enormously low tolerance of bullshit; I was the hyper-classic "why?" child. I don't like arbitrary 'because I said so' rules. This has gotten me trouble as a kid, in the military, and in almost every job I've ever had. It's either a good character trait or character flaw, and one that gets addressed almost every year in my eval.

Same here brother.

They suspended him with pay for two weeks and then fired him. Now, of course, they want him back but because of the reasons I mentioned in my first sentence, he has already moved on.
HR - Oh yeah, we also sacked one of the drones in sector 7G.
CEO - Dave, you sacked Dave? This company is fucked without Dave!
HR - Oh, but...
CEO - Unfuck your fuckup ASAP!

New York City Mayor Eric Adams announced Friday that masking will continue in "all settings with children under 5 years of age," including in classrooms.

Adams previously announced that masking would no longer be required for children in schools K-12 starting March 7.
Critics slam Eric Adams' for saying masking still required for 'all settings' with children under 5: 'Insane'

I don't understand this. Aren't littles one of the lowest-risk groups out there? Why keep them masked up?

Several weeks ago my employer "mandated" that everyone working in and/or entering any one of our facilities had to wear KN95/N95 masks. No procedure masks, no cloth masks. Only KN95/N95. If anyone entered without the mandated type mask they would be given one and told put it on. Needless to say this created problems because visitors were refusing to do so as they were already wearing their own masks and the state mandates had expired. Staff refused to be the mask police (I was in that category). Fast forward to last Tuesday. The day of the SOTU. It was a miracle! That morning it was announced that due to the low census of COVID patients both in the facility and in the county masking rules were being relaxed! Visitors were permitted to enter if wearing procedure type masks however NO CLOTH MASKS WILL BE PERMITTED. What amazing timing!:rolleyes:
SMH . Just as @Muppet stated it's about control.

What these fucking idiots don't realize is that N95 masks need to be fit tested. I guarantee, Noone is fit tested.

I had OG virus, wore N95, N100s, cloth masks, surgical masks, vaccine x 2, I then got the transformer virus, can't get booster for 90 days, I'll refuse it. With all that, I still got sick, twice. No where does "science", the government or lord Fauci talk about natural immunity. Why is that? Hmmm.

A year ago, all medical professionals were "heros on the front line", now, if you refuse vaccine or don't buy the science, you're a bastard.

I don't wear masks anymore. I refuse to. Never wore them off duty, stopped wearing em after omicron illness.

Oh, fuck the virtue signaling mask cunts on social media. It's why I left Facebook a year ago. The amount of loyal Tories, sucking the cock of local, state and federal governments were astounding.

These folks are akin to Germans that bought Hitlers nonsense and swore there were no camps, despite ashes falling from the sky and odors of cooked chicken in the air.

Back