Covid-19

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
I guess the vax in the service was actually not compulsory even though we were kicking people out? Poster for the 1AD ball says Proof of Vaccination required at the door. Which shows how stupid we are as a service.
I imagine that's being driven more by the venue than by the chain of command, but still, I thought we were past all of that. I very much want to go back to the "my medical information is none of your fucking business" days.

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
Yesterday, I went shopping without a mask for the first time without a mask. Felt amazing! And all the people still wearing masks, look so sick; they should have stayed in their bubbles. Or they look so crazy, they could be real pod people.

They just lifted the mandate on Monday. Also the vaccine passport but businesses can choose to still use it.

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
Yesterday, I went shopping without a mask for the first time without a mask. Felt amazing! And all the people still wearing masks, look so sick; they should have stayed in their bubbles. Or they look so crazy, they could be real pod people.

They just lifted the mandate on Monday. Also the vaccine passport but businesses can choose to still use it.
I don't have a problem with private citizens choosing to continue to wear a mask. Do what you do to protect yourself or make yourself feel better or whatever. I don't have a problem with businesses requiring masks. Generally speaking, I think you should be able to do whatever you want with your business, including serving or not serving anyone for any reason.

I do, however, have a big problem with the "show me your papers" methodology employed by private businesses. Again, that's none of your fucking business. Especially because it doesn't even work like we were told it would.

The masking is on a whole different level. Why am I more at-risk in the boarding lounge than I am at a concert, or a restaurant, or a crowded bar, or for that matter with the little germ factories that I teach every day?

Dimethylamine

Field Artillery
Verified Military
Is it bad that I don't think anything of it anymore? I followed the science from 2020 and I masked up and stayed away from crowds, but now the guidance is I can take my mask off, so quite naturally I follow that too. There is still a good number of people afraid and I kind of roll my eyes when I hear this sort of fragility. Two years ago, when we had no frame of reference, I understood the fear. Nowadays, I'm getting barked at by a fat lady in an electric wheelchair to not endanger her health while she's getting a bag of pizza rolls and soda.

I can't retort to anyone that's still afraid, because their rhetoric is "I'm still afraid of covid, I'm high risk" and I can't argue with that, logically.

Grunt

Verified Military
Is it bad that I don't think anything of it anymore? I followed the science from 2020 and I masked up and stayed away from crowds, but now the guidance is I can take my mask off, so quite naturally I follow that too. There is still a good number of people afraid and I kind of roll my eyes when I hear this sort of fragility. Two years ago, when we had no frame of reference, I understood the fear. Nowadays, I'm getting barked at by a fat lady in an electric wheelchair to not endanger her health while she's getting a bag of pizza rolls and soda.

I can't retort to anyone that's still afraid, because their rhetoric is "I'm still afraid of covid, I'm high risk" and I can't argue with that, logically.
I quit caring a long time ago, if I ever truly did to begin with. I was never impressed with the science in support of the WuHan flu and still aren't - much less the "masking" of America and the suspension of our rights.

Dimethylamine

Field Artillery
Verified Military
I quit caring a long time ago, if I ever truly did to begin with. I was never impressed with the science in support of the WuHan flu and still aren't - much less the "masking" of America and the suspension of our rights.

I got deployed right when there was that second wave of Covid. While Europe was opening up and became business as usual, my home state was trying to major in the minors with things like enforcing putting on masks between bites at restaurants. That funny moment when my deployment was more like a vacation compared to the buffoonery going on back at home.