Covid-19

"But recently released court documents—which capture the decision-making behind the travel mandate—indicate that, far from following the science, the prime minister and his Cabinet were focused on politics"

Color me shocked.
Unknown-1.jpeg

I had cholera (and yes, I had the mandatory cholera vax). 12 pounds in 2 days, it wasn't even enough poop to be considered diarrhea: just water. I cut a 8" seam in my cammy trousers because the bouts were so frequent and sudden I would not have enough time to pull them down. I had another corpsman start a couple IVs which I medlocked; I hooked up to bags of saline and lactated ringers every few hours so I wouldn't get dehydrated. It took me months to bounce back from that.

Wow. We drank river water in VN but had little purification tablets to shake up in our canteens. Still nasty. Also spent two years drinking, washing, showering in Camp Lejeune water. I'm fine except I glow in the dark.

The data is in, all the lockdowns and authoritarian bullshit, to "flatten the curve"; did sweet fuck all.

Conclusions The minimal association in the first wave, and the lack thereof in the second, is compatible with the hypothesis that NPIs do not, per se, lead to a decline in case growth. Instead, the correlations we observed might be better explained by a combination of underlying behaviors of the populations in each province and the natural dynamics of SARS-CoV-2. Although there exist alternative explanations for the equivocal relationship between NPIs and case growth, the onus of providing evidence shifts to demonstrating how NPIs can consistently have flat association, despite incrementally high stringency.

https://t.co/KxCzjTDHR9

The company Siga Technologies ($SIGA) is uniquely positioned as the prime supplier of the monkeypox vaccine...Do with this information what you will.
The day you posted this, Siga stock was $16.88/share...so flush with a little cash from the house sale on, I decided "why not?"...since then, Siga has sold $26 million of Monkey Pox vaccine to Uncle Sugar and the stock price is up $8 per share...Dame says I owe you a beer...maybe a shot and beer...

The day you posted this, Siga stock was $16.88/share...so flush with a little cash from the house sale on, I decided "why not?"...since then, Siga has sold $26 million of Monkey Pox vaccine to Uncle Sugar and the stock price is up $8 per share...Dame says I owe you a beer...maybe a shot and beer...
As always, this was not financial advice… but I took my gains and moved on happily.

In other news, here I sit in Harry Reed (McCarran) airport in Vegas… and everything is closed at 10 pm. They were literally closing the doors in peoples faces to shut the place. Can’t get a beer or food.

Silly goose behavior.

As always, this was not financial advice… but I took my gains and moved on happily.

In other news, here I sit in Harry Reed (McCarran) airport in Vegas… and everything is closed at 10 pm. They were literally closing the doors in peoples faces to shut the place. Can’t get a beer or food.

Silly goose behavior.
WTAF?! You don't call, you don't write... We could have picked you up dummy. We are so close to the airport now that we count how many of which airlines fly over.

ETA: McCarran. Fuck Reid.

For my sake, don't do that again...Dame gets real upset when that shit happens...we coulda fed you and maybe even likkered you up....

I took a train into NYC yesterday. Shortly before we boarded there was a recorded announcement stipulating that anyone riding the train had to wear a mask. I was super annoyed about this because 1) NY moved away from such mandates months ago, 2) beacause of point #1 I don't carry a mask with me anymore, and 3) that stupid shit never worked in the first place.

But when I got on the train, almost no one was wearing a mask. The ticket checker and a couple of passengers had one on, but that's it. No one gave me a hard time about not having one. I guess the announcement is just old.

Back