Covid-19

I know this is racist, but...

The story set-up: My institution has a disproportionately large number of Asians, most of them Chinese. As in Chinese nationals. So there are a lot of them here.

The story: I was walking to my van and my parking deck when an Asian kid, mid-20s, pulled into a parking spot and got out of his car. When he got out he was packing up a storm, could not stop coughing. My first thought, is he patient zero with a new variant or a new virus?

Probably not, and I hate that I even had the thought.

Can't find evidence that was destroyed, year's ago.

They can't find proof that Madam Secretary had SAP on a private unsecured server either - THAT is why the government destroys information - so the establishment can't be held to account for it.
For fuck sake - how many people have seen that thing they invented a while back called the cross-cut shredder?
The same government that NEVER seems to be able to find proof of its own corruption has a library full of regulations that lay out the details for how to obliterate information from existence.

But hey, we can't find it - so - didn't happen
Go fuck yourselves, you silly peasants.

The fact that they say they can't find destroyed evidence makes me think they have evidence that was never destroyed that is being held over someone's head as leverage - because they lie to us about EVERYTHING.
If the government was to release a statement that they had uncovered proof that a Government Santa Clause was real I'd run for the fucking hills. He has a real sled, real flying deer, real magic elves, and a real fucking sack full of gifts for the kids...
...Lord knows the gubmint already knows when you are sleeping, they know when you're awake, they know if you post left-wing content or right-wing content - so post neutral comments for goodness sake !!!

Fuck that - my first move would be putting better locks on my doors and windows with an upgraded security system to cover the rest of the house.
and some dogs
big dogs
big mean dogs
big mean well-trained attack dogs
and a moat
a big deep moat full of holy water
a big deep moat full of holy water and freshwater crocodiles

It sure as fuck wouldn't be "Hey, let's take our fucking children to go sit on Government Santa's lap"
But sure - I believe that they are looking out for our best interest in this area.
COVID just happened - it had nothing to do with misdirected Beagle experiment money laundered through eleventeen different cutouts to do gain of function research courtesy of Anthony Saint Fauci...

Nothing to see here - move along.

This doesn't make sense though. Elevated...everything, but the paper also starts with this?

Face masks have been proven effective in reducing the transmission of COVID-19.1 As airborne diseases continue to emerge, mask use is still suggested in public and work spaces as a precautionary measure.

You start with bullshit, but your study is on the level? WTF?

I could have told you this. For almost a full year in 2020, I wore P100s, not understanding what was happening, it sucked, couldn't breathe, short of breath with anything with activity, not just my fat ass but all of us.

Then, despite that, I still got the plague. So, fuck P100s, dropped to N95s, still, many of us, same. Then, year later, got sick again.

I stopped wearing masks by mid 2021, refused it outright, was fine, no issues.

Back