Covid-19

What an odd scene the SOTU is. A bunch of "elected" servents playing celebrity.
As long as we keep voting for our party's anointed candidates this will not change. We have to take a short term hit for long term gain, and vote for anyone NOT in office. Republicans and Democrats alike will not do this because they fear what will happen when the other party has an advantage, This is a very valid point, but we need to accept that if we maintain the status quo absolutely nothing will change.

We can't complain that the system is wrong and then support the system. Vote for a third party, write in, don't vote...whatever. But if we keep voting for "our guy" who is really nothing more than the party's puppet, then we need to stop complaining about the mess we're in.

As long as we keep voting for our party's anointed candidates this will not change. We have to take a short term hit for long term gain, and vote for anyone NOT in office. Republicans and Democrats alike will not do this because they fear what will happen when the other party has an advantage, This is a very valid point, but we need to accept that if we maintain the status quo absolutely nothing will change.

We can't complain that the system is wrong and then support the system. Vote for a third party, write in, don't vote...whatever. But if we keep voting for "our guy" who is really nothing more than the party's puppet, then we need to stop complaining about the mess we're in.

This is what "term limits" REALLY looks like.
The kind of term limits that the pimps and whores in permanent Washington DON'T get to vote on.

Are you saying you don’t buy long Covid?

I’ve got an aunt and very good friend who would probably disagree with you.

Long covid is a thing, but there are increasing data to suggest that it's different than what they first thought, and it's just a new name for an old syndrome (post-infection syndrome). Also when they first came up with long covid they painted it with a really big brush, so it's really hard to determine risks and how bad it really is. Some people (and not claiming ThunderHorse is one of these people) use the ambiguity to push the 'it's not real' agenda.

Syndromes like PIS are difficult to study because it's hard to nail down things like determinants, etc., because different people define the same thing different ways.

I caught an early strain of Covid, I'm guessing due to our transient Chinese student population. It took about two years for my lungs and heart to get back to normal. Had to resort to Ivermectin paste because medical was expensive and useless.

I heard that other strains were less virulent. Still get sick when I'm at the college, but less so.

Fucking China.

I caught an early strain of Covid, I'm guessing due to our transient Chinese student population. It took about two years for my lungs and heart to get back to normal. Had to resort to Ivermectin paste because medical was expensive and useless.

I heard that other strains were less virulent. Still get sick when I'm at the college, but less so.

Fucking China.

Not a fan of China, but how do we blame the Chinese people that are and were already in the US for spreading covid? Fauci doesn't get off that easy with me, bro.

Not a fan of China, but how do we blame the Chinese people that are and were already in the US for spreading covid? Fauci doesn't get off that easy with me, bro.
Not talking about them. The transient Chinese population at the college are all from mainland China. Their parents are communist party members. They go back to China regularly, for the Lunar New Year, etc. At one point there were flights in my town for under 200 bucks to China.

Fun little secret, China loves sending their people to the US to study abroad, the colleges love them due to tuition. Many of these foreign nationals stay in academia, do a shit job at teaching, and send information back to the Chinese Govt. The US collegiate system is basically full of Chicom spies and saboteurs.

That said, I'm not forgetting Fauci, the NIH, and all the other traitors/stooges who lied, killed our elders, and poisoned us, due to their bullshit. Those people need to pay for their crimes.

Fun little secret, China loves sending their people to the US to study abroad, the colleges love them due to tuition. Many of these foreign nationals stay in academia
Yes, I was born, raised, and live in a college town. Also alumni of said college. In a few short years, a large percentage of students and staff are now Chinese. Most will not speak to or even look at you if you are different from them. Its easy to assume the worst. But, they do have badass cars to drive around town.

Yes, I was born, raised, and live in a college town. Also alumni of said college. In a few short years, a large percentage of students and staff are now Chinese. Most will not speak to or even look at you if you are different from them. Its easy to assume the worst. But, they do have badass cars to drive around town.
Likely funded via Uncle Sugars grant money and from technology transfers to China. They're haughty here as well, some are friendly-ish, but it's pretty easy to tell where their loyalties lie. I do feel for the ones who want to become American. Liberal staff at the college love them and their cheap labor though.

Not talking about them. The transient Chinese population at the college are all from mainland China. Their parents are communist party members. They go back to China regularly, for the Lunar New Year, etc. At one point there were flights in my town for under 200 bucks to China.

Fun little secret, China loves sending their people to the US to study abroad, the colleges love them due to tuition. Many of these foreign nationals stay in academia, do a shit job at teaching, and send information back to the Chinese Govt. The US collegiate system is basically full of Chicom spies and saboteurs.

That said, I'm not forgetting Fauci, the NIH, and all the other traitors/stooges who lied, killed our elders, and poisoned us, due to their bullshit. Those people need to pay for their crimes.

A friend of mine, former co-worker, recently retired from the FBI. He said that an estimated 30% of Chinese nationals at our local university were actively engaged in academic espionage and other intelligence related activities.

Educate me, I'm not sure what this means....

I'm assuming it means taking their gained knowledge back to their homeland to use against the US?

Yes, that's part of it. And what @RackMaster said. At our local university almost 80% of the foreign students are Chinese nationals, and about 30% of all undergraduate and graduate students are Chinese nationals. The FBI keeps an eye on them.

My wife has a friend whose son goes to UNC Chapel Hill. She is an American citizen now, but is Chinese. Her dad is a big muckety muck in the CCP. He has been recruited to get access for other Chinese students at UNC.

It is a party town, get it right

Or paying staff for access to or intel on active research projects. American and Canadian universities are heavily involved in research for defense, infrastructure, etc.

The threat of academic espionage should not be overlooked even in a time of pandemic (opinion)
Damn..now I've gone down another rabbit hole. At least it sounds like the concern and effort to combat this is bipartisan.

MIT takes steps to stop foreign espionage, but some faculty say it goes too far

Back