DAKs Over Normandy question

Looking over the web page for the upcoming 2019 DAKs Over Normandy they state (ex)airborne/paratroopers are welcomed to jump if they meet certain requirements. I can't seem to find what those requirements might be...anyone?

Heres the link: The D-Day Squadron | Daks over Normandy

download the registration (word doc), all the requirements are there.

Cool event. I think they did one over Arnhem a few years back too. Probably not the same guys. Bit of a giggle: the word daks down here means undies.

download the registration (word doc), all the requirements are there.

Ok...that's a problem...not being computer savvy...I'm getting a note describing a "PDF" error. That explains why I'm not seeing it...Thanks

Got it..opened it in word doc...many thanks!

Last edited:
It’s organised by some solid folks.

I jumped with them at the 70th Anniversary in 2014.

Considering the opportunity for logistical problems/error that could bin it before jumpers even hit the door, they do a pretty solid job.

At the 70th they ran a 5 or 7 ship cross Channel jump, but got binned by high winds. They adjusted and jumped again later out of Cherbourg I think.

For the 75th they’ve organised an absolutely massive fleet of DC3s/C47s, possibly 2 dozen or so(down 1 recently due to a total loss from fire).

Great group of jumpers around the world for the 70th, everyone across the spectrum from active 3rd Herd and Paras to a cross section of retired guys.

They try to get all jumpers dressed in period uniform.

The 75th is going to be nuts.

Back