DAKs Over Normandy question

x SF med

the Troll
Verified SOF
Not far from the south of Canada, 'Murica!
SSMP
SOF Mentor
Looking over the web page for the upcoming 2019 DAKs Over Normandy they state (ex)airborne/paratroopers are welcomed to jump if they meet certain requirements. I can't seem to find what those requirements might be...anyone?

Heres the link: The D-Day Squadron | Daks over Normandy

download the registration (word doc), all the requirements are there.

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
Cool event. I think they did one over Arnhem a few years back too. Probably not the same guys. Bit of a giggle: the word daks down here means undies.

Gunpowder

Gunpowder
Verified SOF
download the registration (word doc), all the requirements are there.

Ok...that's a problem...not being computer savvy...I'm getting a note describing a "PDF" error. That explains why I'm not seeing it...Thanks

Got it..opened it in word doc...many thanks!

Last edited:

Flagg

Verified Military
It’s organised by some solid folks.

I jumped with them at the 70th Anniversary in 2014.

Considering the opportunity for logistical problems/error that could bin it before jumpers even hit the door, they do a pretty solid job.

At the 70th they ran a 5 or 7 ship cross Channel jump, but got binned by high winds. They adjusted and jumped again later out of Cherbourg I think.

For the 75th they’ve organised an absolutely massive fleet of DC3s/C47s, possibly 2 dozen or so(down 1 recently due to a total loss from fire).

Great group of jumpers around the world for the 70th, everyone across the spectrum from active 3rd Herd and Paras to a cross section of retired guys.

They try to get all jumpers dressed in period uniform.

The 75th is going to be nuts.