Drug use; Health vs. Crime

QC

1 CDO
Verified SOF
There will always be those who will take the risk to run drugs for the expected return. It has always been managed as a crime. If however, drug use is successfully explained to the "drug demographic" in terms of being a health issue, i.e.; this drug will harm you this way, this will lessen the demand for supply and use. This theory is currently bubbling under the surface and I believe has merit. Thoughts?

There will always be those who will take the risk to run drugs for the expected return. It has always been managed as a crime. If however, drug use is successfully explained to the "drug demographic" in terms of being a health issue, i.e.; this drug will harm you this way, this will lessen the demand for supply and use. This theory is currently bubbling under the surface and I believe has merit. Thoughts?

The highlighted sentence I don't think is right but dont have the mental energy to follow up at the moment lol

I do agree that what we are doing is ineffective and we need to try another tact to combat this, viewing it as a medical issue has strong merit IMO, not nessasarily exclusively.

Boon is a hardcore drug user from way back, we should get his input :D

There will always be those who will take the risk to run drugs for the expected return. It has always been managed as a crime.

The "war on drugs" has managed to fail at managing it.

If however, drug use is successfully explained to the "drug demographic" in terms of being a health issue, i.e.; this drug will harm you this way, this will lessen the demand for supply and use. This theory is currently bubbling under the surface and I believe has merit. Thoughts?

As cigs or booz alone kill more people than all illigal drugs combined, the answer would have to be no.

Back