Election Day and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learned something fun this morning: there's one tiny district in New Hampshire, Dixville Notch, which is the first county in the nation to open and close. Voting opens at midnight, and because there's only about two dozen registered voters in the entire unincorporated county, it closes at about 12:05.

Clinton wins Dixville Notch, N.H., with 4 votes to Trump’s 2

This year, Dixville Notch went to Hillary! CNN might as well call the race now :D

The finall tally was:
Clinton - 4
Trump - 2
Johnson - 1
Romney:p - 1
The guy who voted for Romney needs to disembowel himself.

Television networks have taken their pledge not to post results too early so seriously that they even quarantine their election night forecasters and polling professors who work for them.

“The networks actually do this quarantine room because they do not want this info to leak out,” said Ken Goldstein, a professor of politics at the University of San Francisco and a member of ABC’s decision desk. “That’s to their credit.”

Both Slate and VoteCastr feel they are on solid legal ground reporting projections early.

“The legal constraints generally have been those on exit polling, and those were restraints about physical distance and approaching voters,” said Karl J. Sandstrom, a lawyer for VoteCastr.

The group does not feel comfortable making outright calls of winners, but rather intends to show “ where things stand” throughout the day. “The appeal is not to out-CNN CNN or declare the election over at 10 a.m. on Election Day,” Ms. Turner said.

Either way, some say the group could be getting ahead of the results and threatening how elections should be covered.

“I’m profoundly uncomfortable with characterizing election results during Election Day,” Mr. Goldstein of ABC said.

I'll give you 3 guesses what ABC is doing right now.........and the first 3 don't count. :wall:

You know you get a free Glaze when you walk into a Krispy Kreme, everyday. It's called guilting you into buying six. Southern Maid does the same shit...but Southern Maid has Kolaches! :thumbsup:

1327538220.jpg

Outta my element...

- Rant on -

FUCKING LESTER HOLT, WE ARE NOT A DEMOCRACY WE ARE A REPUBLIC!"

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Stop lecturing me about the electoral college and one citizen one vote. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

- Rant on -

FUCKING LESTER HOLT, WE ARE NOT A DEMOCRACY WE ARE A REPUBLIC!"

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Stop lecturing me about the electoral college and one citizen one vote. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Clinton could change that via EO.

Florida is starting to scare me. VERY close. Too close? Please not 2000 again

This is the part that pisses me off... How is this not trying to influence the election through false reporting? How do they call the state for Hillary when she has half the votes so far and only 0.5% reporting? She may eventually win it, but they have NO right to say it's over in the state. Some people may not have voted yet, see this and say "oh, we already lost" and not vote.

Either that or the Electoral votes were given before the results were even in, which is even worse in my opinion.

upload_2016-11-8_20-39-58.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back