Election Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then DeSantis and takes either Gabbard or Haley on as VP. Hopefully Biden does actually run again, but that's not happening.

I think Gabbard probably has a few more years before people will take her "Dem to independent to GOP" transition as anything more than a money grift, but I could be wrong on that.

Idk about whether they'll prop up Biden again or not. I can't see Dems wanting to hold a primary if they don't have to, but I also can't see Biden stepping down and the party getting behind Harris. I can't see any other candidate coming forward.

This election is 100% the GOPs to win or lose.

I'm useless for election predictions. I thought Trump was a deeply flawed candidate who was unelectable because of his personal moral failings. I didn't vote for him during his first campaign for that reason. I thought Hillary was a shoo-in.

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

But then I got red-pilled and realized that while morals and ethics matter to me as a person, they don't matter one iota in politics, unfortunately. I thought President Trump did a great job. There was no way he was going to lose to... Joe Biden??? WTF...

I also thought that the Republicans would do better in the last mid-terms, and that there was no way that Pennsylvanians would elect to the Senate a guy with literal brain damage, who literally had a stroke and literally couldn't understand the words coming out of peoples' mouths.

jackie chan film GIF

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Who knows at this point. I'm beginning to think more and more that no matter who I, or anyone else, votes for, strings are being pulled to make things a foregone conclusion.

Democrat policies suck, and are ruining our country. But they have done a great job combining handouts and hatred to drive public sentiment. I don't think Joe Biden or Kamala Harris are electable, but then again what do I know?

Who knows at this point. I'm beginning to think more and more that no matter who I, or anyone else, votes for, strings are being pulled to make things a foregone conclusion.
Call me any name you like...election denier...whatever. I don't care. I just don't see how some of the people in Government get elected, and then even more strangely, re-elected.

DeSantis/ Haley would murder, death, kill anything the Democrats can field right now. Can you imagine those two debating Biden/ Harris? Rekt. Biden would sound like Fetterman trying to order from the McDonald's value menu and Harris? She would choke on stage harder than going to Brown's office for a job "interview."

Last edited:
DeSantis/ Haley would murder, death, kill anything the Democrats can field right now. Can you imagine those two debating Biden/ Harris? Rekt. Biden would sound like Fetterman trying to order from the McDonald's value menu and Harris? She would choke on stage harder than going to Brown's office for a job "interview."
I’m not sure how much that would matter. The Democrats would just do a rope-a-dope and key President Biden in his basement (again). Fetter man was a disaster on the debate stage, everyone knew he was mentally disabled, and he still got the nod.

Fetterman's painful debate

I’m not sure how much that would matter. The Democrats would just do a rope-a-dope and key President Biden in his basement (again). Fetter man was a disaster on the debate stage, everyone knew he was mentally disabled, and he still got the nod.

Fetterman's painful debate
I won't rule out election fraud, but the other tactic used is the main stream media bashing of the opposition. If you turn on the TV, you are constantly reminded of how evil anyone with an (R) behind their name is. I hear people say Trump divided the nation and just chuckle. The media divided the nation by pushing Orange Man, and anyone with R behind their name is bad. People bought it and we got Fetterman.

Everybody brings up Fetterman and his stroke, but nothing about Herschel Walker having about the same/worse level of cognitive decline?
Almost like the only reason anybody brings up Fetterman's thing is because he's of the opposing party.

That aside, Fetterman-Oz and Walker-Warnock are really great examples of what I'm talking about with the elections being Republicans to lose.

Any candidates other than those two would have likely won, but the GOP went with celebrity over policy in those places. It worked once for Trump, but that doesn't mean it will work repeatedly with any celeb candidate.

It'll be the same story for the Presidential election. Dems always put up shitty candidates, the electoral map still grants a (slight) advantage to the GOP, and the country is coming off inflation.

Unless the house GOP does something crazy that turns the country against the party (think abortion and the mid terms), they should sweep the next election.

Everybody brings up Fetterman and his stroke, but nothing about Herschel Walker having about the same/worse level of cognitive decline?
Almost like the only reason anybody brings up Fetterman's thing is because he's of the opposing party.

That aside, Fetterman-Oz and Walker-Warnock are really great examples of what I'm talking about with the elections being Republicans to lose.

Any candidates other than those two would have likely won, but the GOP went with celebrity over policy in those places. It worked once for Trump, but that doesn't mean it will work repeatedly with any celeb candidate.

It'll be the same story for the Presidential election. Dems always put up shitty candidates, the electoral map still grants a (slight) advantage to the GOP, and the country is coming off inflation.

Unless the house GOP does something crazy that turns the country against the party (think abortion and the mid terms), they should sweep the next election.
It might be my own (non-ironic) cognitive decline, but what national-level public office does Walker now hold? It's almost like Georgia's voters decided not to put him in office, even if his own mental issues were as bad as Fetterman's (which I don't think they were).

It might be my own (non-ironic) cognitive decline, but what national-level public office does Walker now hold? It's almost like Georgia's voters decided not to put him in office, even if his own mental issues were as bad as Fetterman's (which I don't think they were).
I draw the comparison because Walker did well enough to go to a run-off. Clearly a large portion of citizens in GA wanted him in office.

As you mentioned earlier about being "rered-pilled", we (voters) don't usually care about the flaws of our candidates, just their party.

It was also an easy comparison to let me get into my broader comment about the GOP losing elections they should have won.

Walker is a bag of trash who lost his election. I’d already forgotten about him because he’s not relevant in my eyes except in limited discussions.

I draw the comparison because Walker did well enough to go to a run-off. Clearly a large portion of citizens in GA wanted him a Republican in office.

As you mentioned earlier about being "red-pilled", we (voters) don't usually care about the flaws of our candidates, just their party.

It was also an easy comparison to let me get into my broader comment about the GOP losing elections they should have won.
I lived in Georgia for around seven years, between college and being stationed at Fort Benning. It's a toss-up state. Walker went to UGA, is a nationally-known name, and is from a demographic Republicans in Georgia desperately need on their side. I think Walker was a decent candidate. If he would have won, I predict that many of the same people talking about how flawed he was as a candidate would have been talking about how smart it was for the GOP to run him. Who could the Republicans have won, who would have done better than Walker?

I don't think this was a "should have won" thing. It was a "could have won," and the Republicans didn't.

Herschel Walker

I do not want Trump to be the nominee. But if he is I will absolutely, 100% vote for him. Not voting is not an option for me.
Same. As previously mentioned, I did not vote for Trump in his first campaign. I did, however, vote for him the second time around. And not even reluctantly, I did it enthusiastically. I thought he did a good job as president and I thought that a Biden presidency would be a disaster.

However, I think President Trump's time has passed. His brand is too tainted. I'd rather see a DeSantis candidacy.

That said, I'd vote for Trump 2.0 if it were the choice between that and... whatever the Democrats are likely to put up.

I do not want Trump to be the nominee
Is this because you believe he can't win? If so, I understand that and you could be right.

Its obvious I am a deplorable, I want Trump to be president. I realize the damage the media, and to some degree Trump has done to his own rep. I do not want an establishment president like DeSantis but I'd definitely vote for him if he is the nominee.

Last edited:
Is this because you believe he can't win? If so, I understand that and you could be right.

Its obvious I am a deplorable, I want Trump to be president. I realize the damage the media, and to some degree Trump has done to his own rep. I do not want an establishment president like DeSantis but I'd definitely vote for him if he is the nominee.

I think that he can't win. I think he has alienated too many people as well as the party to be effective. But if he survives the primary season and nomination process, I will back that horse.

I think that he can't win. I think he has alienated too many people as well as the party to be effective. But if he survives the primary season and nomination process, I will back that horse.

Gotcha. Probably right, he may not be able to win but DeSantis' record in congress is further to the right. I don't agree with some of his stances. Trump's policies are right wing but more centered and flexible. But certainly people will vote against the man rather than on policy.

think Walker was a decent candidate.
He was badly flawed. He lived life like a 80's big hair rockstar and that came back to haunt him. I like him, believe he has grown, and think he could've been a good senator. However, if all the claims regarding abortion hypocrisy and abuse are accurate, I can't blame voters for having doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back