Fitness Milestones & Plans to share

Is it still primarily based around Olympic weightlifting?
I use SOFLETE programming, I moved over to the Stamina team in preparation for SFRE. Different cycles revolve around different lifts. Before moving over from the Strength team it was a lot of typical power lift/"bro lifts" super-set with accessories and it was physically brutal. They cycle stuff every 12 weeks and I think do a good job of it. Still getting used to the 12 week cycles coming over from Field Strong (which I loved, but switched to have a more mission specific workout for my SF goal).

I also program in SORB's "SELECTED!" Run/Ruck schedule; I have the luxury at the moment to work out 2-3 times a day.

I use SOFLETE programming, I moved over to the Stamina team in preparation for SFRE. Different cycles revolve around different lifts. Before moving over from the Strength team it was a lot of typical power lift/"bro lifts" super-set with accessories and it was physically brutal. They cycle stuff every 12 weeks and I think do a good job of it. Still getting used to the 12 week cycles coming over from Field Strong (which I loved, but switched to have a more mission specific workout for my SF goal).

I also program in SORB's "SELECTED!" Run/Ruck schedule; I have the luxury at the moment to work out 2-3 times a day.
Ah ok. Just a word of caution don't over train unless you're juicing or you might run the risk of adrenal fatigue. Hope SFRE goes well for you though!

I break up the SOFLETE workouts into two workouts, and knock out the SELECTED! workout early in the AM. Been making good progress on runs, rucks, and lifts have gone up as well as conditioning.

Varies each day, and on my energy levels. But maybe 3hrs max, not including my mobility work.
Ah that's fine, I though it was going to be more along the lines of 5-6. Have you checked out their SOF selection prep program by any chance? It's got a pretty good linear progression setup, and I'd say covers nearly every aspect of selection. Besides fear of course :^)

I was offered SFRE 6 weeks out, I contacted SOFLETE and was told which cycle of the Stamina to use. I think their prep is 12 weeks, and if I am successful at SFRE I don't see the utility in a selection based program as I'll have to go to OSUT, ABN, then SOPC, and successfully complete all those before I ever get to selection--I won't have the time during the pipeline, and prior to the pipeline I've been told that my physicality will decrease during OSUT, so it would still serve no purpose. I've heard a few of the horror stories about SOPC and the "holding periods" before it starts, I figure those guys are crushing souls for a reason--to help you succeed at SFAS.

Fair enough, well I hope it goes well for you man. Also, sorry I didn't know about how long the pipeline was, but thanks for taking the time to type it out. Remember, don't quit. :D

Sooooo, back on track....

This past October was my one year milestone for my little fitness journey and I am feeling pretty proud. I took two weeks off and pigged out this past Thanksgiving on every bad food I could find. I paid the price too. Who knew you can't eat fresh baked cream cheese iced cinnamon buns at 2AM? Apparently your body doesn't like that and fucks up your sleep schedule as a result. Lessons learned lol. Anyway, I submitted my photos to Beachbody to get a free shirt (cheesy I know, but I wanted something you couldn't buy), and won $500 bucks in their daily challenge. So yeah, cool story bro :D:thumbsup:

I kept up the P90x routine I mentioned in the OP, and modified the meal plan each time I finished 90days. Pretty cool finding new ways to further narrow my diet and eating habits. I still cheated every other week though with an occasional bad meal, but overall I made some decent forward progress.

one%20year%20small.jpg

Sooooo, back on track....

This past October was my one year milestone for my little fitness journey and I am feeling pretty proud. I took two weeks off and pigged out this past Thanksgiving on every bad food I could find. I paid the price too. Who knew you can't eat fresh baked cream cheese iced cinnamon buns at 2AM? Apparently your body doesn't like that and fucks up your sleep schedule as a result. Lessons learned lol. Anyway, I submitted my photos to Beachbody to get a free shirt (cheesy I know, but I wanted something you couldn't buy), and won $500 bucks in their daily challenge. So yeah, cool story bro :D:thumbsup:

I kept up the P90x routine I mentioned in the OP, and modified the meal plan each time I finished 90days. Pretty cool finding new ways to further narrow my diet and eating habits. I still cheated every other week though with an occasional bad meal, but overall I made some decent forward progress.

one%20year%20small.jpg
Niiiice!

Back