Fitness Milestones & Plans to share

Then what does in this context of nutrion advice?

Well providing nutrition to hospital or bed bound patients is what dietitians do In the hospital. You don't need to be a fucking triathlete to know how to get the proper fats, vitamins, proteins, and other things into someone based on length of stay and disease state. Someone could be 400 lbs, if they are good at ensuring my patient has the proper nutrients to heal effectively that is all that matters.

I think @Etype was pointing out, is that healthcare workers do not always present themselves as "The picture of health"; and he is spot on. It makes it a little hard to listen to the words of a professional who is obviously not taking his/her own advice. We're all human, and we all have the same faults everyone else has. There is a very true observation that self can not see self. Listen to the words, and try to overlook the human faults such as the obese dietician, the pulmonologist who smells like an ashtray. In some ways, it's like looking at the car your trusted mechanic drives, the oil burning, dented wreck that he drives back and forth to work in;-).

I don't know how widespread the viewpoint is, but my grandmother was a hospital dietitian for years..."diets are for patients"

Dear Spotter:

When I am benching 315 pounds, I need for you to do more than just "watch".

Mmmm kay?

Weightlifter dies after 315-pound barbell drops on his neck

ANKENY, Iowa — Authorities say a 22-year-old man has died after a barbell slipped from his grasp and crushed his neck at a gym in central Iowa.

The accident occurred Monday morning at Elite Edge Transformation Center in Ankeny, about 10 miles north of Des Moines. A spokesman for the center, Mark Yontz, said Thursday that Kyle Thomson was bench-pressing 315 pounds when the barbell slipped.

Ankeny Fire Chief James Clack says the barbell fell on Thomson's neck. Clack says a fire ambulance took Thomson to a Des Moines hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Yontz says there were spotters watching Thomson on the bench.

Dear Spotter:

When I am benching 315 pounds, I need for you to do more than just "watch".

Mmmm kay?

Weightlifter dies after 315-pound barbell drops on his neck

ANKENY, Iowa — Authorities say a 22-year-old man has died after a barbell slipped from his grasp and crushed his neck at a gym in central Iowa.

The accident occurred Monday morning at Elite Edge Transformation Center in Ankeny, about 10 miles north of Des Moines. A spokesman for the center, Mark Yontz, said Thursday that Kyle Thomson was bench-pressing 315 pounds when the barbell slipped.

Ankeny Fire Chief James Clack says the barbell fell on Thomson's neck. Clack says a fire ambulance took Thomson to a Des Moines hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Yontz says there were spotters watching Thomson on the bench.

This is a shitty situation. As a spotter, there's really no way to catch that much weight before it lands on a dude if he just drops it. Spotters are there to get a lifter out of a lift that is about to fail, but a drop happens so quickly. Likely he was benching with the suicide grip.

My story comes from gaining instead of losing weight. When I joined the Army I weighed about 145 at 6 foot tall, I was a string bean. When I got to Colorado with the 4th ID, I'm not kidding when I say that a gust of wind from the Rockies would actually knock me on the ground or take me off balance. I was a hard gainer and an ectomorph. It didn't help that Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays were run days for PT, with the lengths being 3, 5 and usually 7-10 miles on Friday. But my last year active duty and first year in the Guard I went into a serious two year long bulking session. It was a somewhat "clean" bulk with prepared meals like chicken breasts and rice. But I would also drink a half gallon of chocolate milk a day and have some diabetes snacks as well. I went from 170 to 210 and still had my glamorized abs along with new big arms/shoulders and legs. It was also the most happy I've ever been, mostly due to the crazy amount of food I was eating and never being starved. I started off with a traditional hypertrophy styled workout plan with the standard 8-10 rep range that just about every body builder knows. I played with some German volume training, power lifting with my friends from Texas and generally liked to bounce from one workout type to another after 4-5 months so I didn't get bored or accustomed to the exercises.

Right now I am doing Swift Strong and Durable- 8 week TACP training program. It is a lot of fun except for the damn 9 mile runs.

Now when people meet me I am told I am "kind of intimidating", which makes me happy because my story is a lot like Steve Rogers becoming Captain America. I reached my goal of looking how I want to look, aka more like mesomorph. But I still can improve and have more goals to accomplish.
How's it going man, I'm on the boat you were in a few years back. I'm 6' 2" weighing 150 pds, an ectomorph indeed, doesn't help that I stay active daily but glad to hear your success none the less.

Girlfriend and I did our first training session yesterday for the next triathlon. Focus for the month of January is to get her used to the previous Army Life of 5AM wake ups so she can get her Aerobic Endurance sessions in the morning before going off to being a lawyer. Her weakness is running, so that's actually the focus for this month and when February hits we'll be six weeks out and start swimming again. A big thing for her is being consistent with the training plan when it comes to running. This week is

M: 30 minutes easy run out and back
W: 30 minutes race pace
F: 45 minutes easy run at my pace
S: Stairs

We're going back to Los Angeles this weekend for the LA Fit Expo so that should be pretty legit.

Girlfriend and I did our first training session yesterday for the next triathlon. Focus for the month of January is to get her used to the previous Army Life of 5AM wake ups so she can get her Aerobic Endurance sessions in the morning before going off to being a lawyer. Her weakness is running, so that's actually the focus for this month and when February hits we'll be six weeks out and start swimming again. A big thing for her is being consistent with the training plan when it comes to running. This week is

M: 30 minutes easy run out and back
W: 30 minutes race pace
F: 45 minutes easy run at my pace
S: Stairs

We're going back to Los Angeles this weekend for the LA Fit Expo so that should be pretty legit.

Back in the day I did a couple sprints to see if I liked the tri thing. I liked them OK. I have a co-worker who does a couple Ironmans a year, and one half. He asked me to join him on training....his base far surpasses my 'longs' on everything...running, swimming, biking. Different universes. I found that with tri's, consistent training is so important.

Focusing on Sprint triathlons for the moment. Not sure if I'll ever do a 70.3, but definitely working up to Olympic Standard in endurance and then want to put up competitive times whilst maintaining strength for Rugby.

Last week I had my PT update as a part of the Glendale PD hiring pipeline, of the five candidates being tested I finished with the best composite score. My run was slower than it was in October, and to be honest I was fresh off of a Triathlon.

Pushups 50
Situps 41 (-1)
1.5 mile run 11:50 (+ :25)

To be honest I like a linear path for whatever my test is, as a young lieutenant I was always ready to pass a PT test every day. For a week's notice and only three runs prior to that I'm good with that. I thought I was going to blow 12:00. Strength training is moving along this cycle a lot better than the last, still kind of a gym hobo at the moment. Today is an accessory day for both upper and lower body.

How's everyone doing. Seems I'm going to find a different civilian profession, still working out.

PT wise, my girlfriend and I did the Ostrich 5k run for the second year in a row and I cut down about two minutes from last year.

Sitting around 200lbs, changing a bunch of stuff of up based upon a lot reading. Was working with 1600 KCals, bumping up to 2100 KCals. I was crushing my central nervous system with the power-program I was doing and attempting to train for triathlons. There's a lot of data that shows power lifting and triathlons works well together. Well my body was sucking, switched to a hypertrophy based program and oh my...I haven't done hypertrophy work in years. My body was crushed last week based on all of the weaknesses I had. However, that's a good thing. Once Rugby picks back up I will switch back to a power based program adding in some cleans.

So @ Thunderhorse, it sounds like the PD is off the list then?
I applied with another department here in the Phoenix area but I am no longer looking at Law Enforcement as a career. I submitted a FOIA to find out the actual reasoning behind my non-selection. Since they were fast tracking me I got complacent with building options.

I'm good with it. Looking at finance and then going back to get my master's. Ready to be an intern for the right career fit.

I suspect your selection documents will be outside the scope of a CA Public Records Act request, but it's CA so weird shit can happen.

Had you progressed to the background or polygraph portions of the process?

I suspect your selection documents will be outside the scope of a CA Public Records Act request, but it's CA so weird shit can happen.

Had you progressed to the background or polygraph portions of the process?

It's Glendale, AZ. I was in the background phase of the hiring process. Took my polygraph the first week of January, the PT Update the next week, and the ride along the following week. I then had three weeks of no comms with my background investigator, got the verbal notification that I'd be receiving a letter and then didn't get that for almost two weeks. So yeah, idk.

Back onto the topic, I swam 1100m this morning because I can't count laps well.

Back