Fresh roasted coffee, gear advice, etc

Have a sweet deal working on a 1911, after that I promise I am all in on your Roastmasters choice.....:thumbsup:

Money is tight, I can't donate any more plasma for 6 months.....:zzz:

Haha, sounds like good stuff! I'll be here!

As a random aside, two people saw my duty glock 19 and told me it was a first gen, so for a day or two last week I figured I might be sitting on a couple grand. It's only a very early second gen, boooo. Oh well.

This sumatra is really cool. Bittersweet chocolate, caramel, and Ricola herbal notes. Very tasty.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sumatra is really cool. Bittersweet chocolate, caramel, and Ricola herbal notes. Very tasty.

Okay @poison - I usually shy away from all things Sumatra - but now that I've got my Frenchpress technique down to a system, I'll give it a chance - order placed.

Troll Review of the Mutu Batak Sumatra-:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Complex but not overwhelming, bright and earthy at the same time, notes of cocoa and citrus and an underpinning of berries and herbs. Just enough acidity to be sharp without being bitter. I let half a pot cool and had it cold/ room temp to test for iced coffee, it is perfect for a light bright cold coffee. I may need to try using my Toddy for a 1/2 batch and see if the complexity increases.

Troll Review of the Blend 56-:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

WOW... interesting very very very complex blend of flavors, again, not overwhelming, but like sitting in an intellectual debate for your tastebuds... a light hint of bitter, a touch of sweet, herbs pass by, is that some chocolate, no it's cinnamon, nah, that's berries, is that a bright little star, nope it's earthy goodness, with a little lemon/lime...

Both linger on the palate without getting stale after finishing your cup... I personally need to get a smaller preparation device, or I'm going to run through both of them in about 3 days and be wired for sound...

Keep it up @poison , and if you can find a way to blend Colombian, Ethiopian and Sumatra into the same roast I got, you will take over the world... it will truly be a symphony in the mouth.

Fuck Yelp. Those morons simply won't return my call. They 'closed' my business solely based on one idiots review (never mind that other reviews say that address is not a cafe). I've called, emailed, even tried to set up another account, but they just don't respond. Then again, do I care?

Yelp The Movie: San Francisco Filmmaker Takes On ‘Billion Dollar Bully’

I'm guessing the review from Eric M is one of them? He seems to be a big Starbucks fan with "I spend over $1,000/year on Starbucks"

I'm not a coffee drinker, but my girlfriend is making an order as I write. She can socialize your site around the SOCOM halls for you.

Troll Review of the Mutu Batak Sumatra-:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Complex but not overwhelming, bright and earthy at the same time, notes of cocoa and citrus and an underpinning of berries and herbs. Just enough acidity to be sharp without being bitter. I let half a pot cool and had it cold/ room temp to test for iced coffee, it is perfect for a light bright cold coffee. I may need to try using my Toddy for a 1/2 batch and see if the complexity increases.

Troll Review of the Blend 56-:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

WOW... interesting very very very complex blend of flavors, again, not overwhelming, but like sitting in an intellectual debate for your tastebuds... a light hint of bitter, a touch of sweet, herbs pass by, is that some chocolate, no it's cinnamon, nah, that's berries, is that a bright little star, nope it's earthy goodness, with a little lemon/lime...

Both linger on the palate without getting stale after finishing your cup... I personally need to get a smaller preparation device, or I'm going to run through both of them in about 3 days and be wired for sound...

Keep it up @poison , and if you can find a way to blend Colombian, Ethiopian and Sumatra into the same roast I got, you will take over the world... it will truly be a symphony in the mouth.

Awesome, thanks for the detailed feedback! I'm glad they're a hit! As far as Colo/Eth/Sum blend, the ESpresso Torro is just that, with a base of Brazil. ;)

Roasting all orders now, shipping tomorrow!

Dang, I live my life by YELP........we need to fix this.....I just commented your Coffee increases penis size......:thumbsup:

#gamechanger

Yelp can go fuck themselves.

I occasionally put a little heavy cream or table cream in my coffee, 1-2 tbsp./12 oz cup, then top off until the cream is gone from the cup... I just tried the mutu batak with 1.5 tbsp. of 30% cream in 12 oz... it really brought up the flavors and added even extra body. :thumbsup:

Cream makes everything better. I brewed up coffee for a business meeting with a previous security client. I used half and half for capps and lattes, and peoples minds were blown. It was almost cheating. :p

Yes, coffee can increase penis size:

According to new research from The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, men who drink the caffeine equivalent of two to three cups of coffee per day are less likely to have erectile dysfunction.

The study, which was published in the journal PLOS ONE, found that men who consumed between 85 and 170 milligrams of caffeine a day were 42 percent less likely to suffer from ED, while those who consumed between 171 and 303 milligrams were 39 percent less likely.

The researchers surveyed 3,700 men, all of whom were asked to fill out a questionnaire about how much caffeine they had consumed over the past 24 hours. While the study found that caffeine intake reduced the likelihood of ED in obese, overweight and hypertensive men, the same was not true of those with diabetes.

“Caffeine could not overcome the detrimental effects of diabetes on erectile dysfunction," lead study author David Lopez explained. "We were not very surprised by this, because diabetes is one of the strongest risk factors associated with erectile dysfunction."

An estimated 30 million American men struggle with ED, which is the inability to sustain an erection for as long as desired. Overall, the risk of erectile dysfunction increases with age. About 40 percent of 40-year-olds struggle with ED and 70 percent of 70-year-olds have the same problem, as previously reported by The Huffington Post.

The researchers theorized that caffeine's effect on the body includes relaxing thehelicine arteries of the penis, which in turn improves blood flow, which is how erections are formed:

:D

I used half and half for capps and lattes

I've always had a hard time steam foaming high fat/cream content milk products... they tend to separate or go to butter. I tried pre warming, deep chilling, room temp, 40*.... but the true foaming worked best at 2% or lower milkfat content. What's your secret, squirrel?

What are you using to froth?

The pressurized off steamer from my Espresso/Cappuccino maker... it's currently packed away (and has been for 4+ years) I tknow it's not a Delonghi, maybe a high end Cuisinart 6 oz (will do 2 servings plus foam them both) I've never done a psi/temp test on it, but it does a nice job for espresso/cap if the coffee is ground and roasted properly. it is a high pressure machine for sure, the locking mechanisms for the chamber and the grounds cup are 2 thread 1/4"pressure tab locks.

Generally, those types of machines have very small boilers, weak steam, and are hard to froth with. You end up heating instead of whipping air in, and overheating milk will end all possibility of frothing.

An easy way is to heat the milk to 140-160,pour it in an empty French press, then vigorously pump the shit out of the plunger. It'll make insane micro foam real quick.

Oh... for all you people out there that like, love or just really enjoy a good cup of Joe... if you haven't tried @poison's roasts, well......nyah, nyah,nyah.... losers... more for the rest of us, you don't know what you are missing, especially with the Mutu Batak, and trust poison to choose the correct roast.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I made some world class espresso with straight Mutu Batak this morning. Amazing. Used a darker roast than yours, x sf.

Back