Fresh roasted coffee, gear advice, etc

Look, when you consider a lb is about 25 cups, it's a bit more than $1 a cup. A redbull is $2, a starbucks frappe is $5, and this panama is in a completely different stratosphere, so value is a matter of perception.

The question is if you can buy great coffee for $17/lb, will you pay $30 for something better? Is the $17 lb 'sufficient'? That's the equation. Anyway, I need to see if I can gather enough funds together.

LA Coffee Club ordered 45lbs yesterday, I worked 7a-3p yesterday, then roasted from 5p-11p:

2zs5umb.jpg

Wish I did that every day!

I'd be completely down if 25 cups lasted me more than 10 days.

But who am I to argue prices when I'm a total noob to drinking gourmet coffee

Holy yes! It'll be here Monday, up for order now! FYI, these are 12oz bags, and no discount on this one. It usually sells for $25 for 12oz.

Last edited:
I couldn't wait: straight from the roaster home to cup this stuff. It smells completely wild, like plum jam, high quality dark chocolate, spices. Tastes all jammy and juicy, a bit winey, with deep chocolate notes and maybe nutmeg?

It's a crazy thing, because essentially they applied traditional Ethiopian processing methods to an extremely high grown Panama. The high altitude slows growth, and the volcanic soil of the National Park it's grown in, along with the processing, creates a complete knockout.

9 hours to enter the free year of coffee giveaway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back