Fresh roasted coffee, gear advice, etc

French Pressed Batch 55 this morning! Damn that is good coffee!!
The best tip I've picked up off this thread so far is to stir in the ground beans before steeping (I use a wooden spoon) and to not use the press as a coffee pot. I transfer it to a small thermos now.

Will be placing an order for yirgacheffe later this week!

Excellent! It's pretty interesting that the 55 is such a hit. Glad you're enjoying it!

I'm sitting here at work, my 4th 14hr shift at the school this week. I was supposed to meet with a guy for coffee related business today, but got called in, and it's really irritating. So I'm punching digits into Enloop's business plan outline, and realizing this intermediate step is not what I want to do. So while I feel like I wasted a bunch of time, I supposed it's been a smashing success. :p

Fuck this security shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
@poison I'm in LA - do you supply any coffee shops around us? I'd love to try it, but the notion of putting it into my Mr. Coffee sounds a bit like paying a $2,500-a-night call girl to give you a back rub. Also, my buddy is the chef over at Chimney Coffee so if I can help plug it in any way, gimme a shout. Thanks for the SS Discounts, congrats on your coffee's reception so far!

So far, Sinners and Saints in Venice is serving my stuff. She's a KICK ASS baker, really good stuff. I'm working on a couple more, but it's slow going, even if they love it. Don't be afraid to brew in your Mr Coffee! IT'll taste a lot better than whatever you use now. And sure, I'd love to send/deliver samples to your friend!

I cannot believe I have not posted in this thread. I am currently on the cold brew train. Doing it everyday. Love it. Coffee varies, but is normally fresh and from Whole Foods.

Awesome! How do you brew you cold brew? And never too late to jump in here, though the 25% off will be ending tomorrow...

Awesome! How do you brew you cold brew? And never too late to jump in here, though the 25% off will be ending tomorrow...

Any of the yirgacheffe left? I wanted to take advantage of the 25% deal (shadowspear, yes?) but do not see it as available on your site.

I just took it down, but if you want some, I'll put it up and leave it up tonight for you. I'll be roasting in a couple hours after my shift, here.

EDIT: It's back, post up if you order, I don't want orders I can't fill. Only got a lb or two left.

OK, fixed it. I reset it before, just must not have clicked 'save' or something. I'll extend it to the 4th, in apology!

I place 4-5 scoops into a French press fill with cold water,and let it set for 24 hours, press and pour.

Back