Fresh roasted coffee, gear advice, etc

I put a new Brazil up, still need to finalize the roast, but it's super sweet, mellow, and fruity.

I put a new Brazil up, still need to finalize the roast, but it's super sweet, mellow, and fruity.
I just ordered the 55 didn't even see the 56.....but hey I'm always down with supporting a good cause. Oh and by the way the Ethiopian was the bomb diggity:thumbsup:.

FYI, the two are unrelated, it's just coincidence they new one has that numeric designation. Glad you liked the ethiopia!

@poison - My yirgacheffe arrived, French Pressed it this morning - hands down winner of best coffee I've had in a LONG time!!!

WTF? I missed an email from bigcommerce, they changed the IP address for the store and require me to change name servers. In other words, stuff i suck at. Thanks for the heads up, I'm on it.

Back up. Whew!

@poison - My yirgacheffe arrived, French Pressed it this morning - hands down winner of best coffee I've had in a LONG time!!!

Thank you, sir!

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, the two are unrelated, it's just coincidence they new one has that numeric designation. Glad you liked the ethiopia!
I guess I was just relating the fact that blend 55 was primarily Brazilian and 56 was Brazilian.

At some point the 56 will become the base for the 55, but I'm still finishing off the previous Brazil for that.

So there I am, walking thru the Home Depot plumbing department, when I am stopped by an associate - she was not interested in my plumbing woes, all she wanted to know was what kind of coffee was I drinking that was making such a fine aroma out of my travel mug - @poison , I want my cut when Judy from Home Depot places her order of yirgacheffe ! (I gave her your website)

Last edited:
So there I am, walking thru the Home Depot plumbing department, when I am stopped by an associate - she was not interested in my plumbing woes, all she wanted to know was what kind of coffee was I drinking that was making such a fine aroma out of my travel mug - [B][U][I]@Barbarian[/I][/U][/B] , I want my cut when Judy from Home Depot places her order of yirgacheffe ! (I gave her your website)

You are going to wait.... I've never gotten my cut from all the shilling I did for the coffee man...:hmm:

ETA- Brother, your immortal Jarhead is showing.... Barbarian is knives, POISON is coffee:hmm::wall::wall::wall::-oO_o:blkeye:

Last edited:
So there I am, walking thru the Home Depot plumbing department, when I am stopped by an associate - she was not interested in my plumbing woes, all she wanted to know was what kind of coffee was I drinking that was making such a fine aroma out of my travel mug - @Barbarian , I want my cut when Judy from Home Depot places her order of yirgacheffe ! (I gave her your website)

Haha, that's awesome! I'm always surprised anyone gets their coffee, the postal workers here always get dreamy eyed when I walk up. 'is that coffee? Omg...'

Thanks for passing the word! Much appreciated!

New Yirg should go up today, code is 20% now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was operating out of my garage until last Dec, when I leased my first space ever. The decision was kind of forced upon me, so I had to take a loan for 3 months rent up front, and I need to now make x amount to break even. I've only made rent 3 out of 6 months this year. I've been going around to cafe's and brewing coffee/handing out samples, but it's slow going. One guy has a cafe I really love, and I've brought my gear in and brewed coffee for him three time, tweaking it each time, coming back again. I pulled shots for him for a half hour today, still not what he wants (which I only understood correctly today, I think). If I can create the blend he wants, it'll double my monthly output.

Every bit helps, I really appreciate the business.

Back