Future of CANSOFCOM

Trev

Unverified
What do you people think will happen to CANSOFCOM in, lets say 2019-2020-ish? As most Canadian, and people very well informed about other countries politics will know there is an election in 2015. What do you think will happen if the Liberals get in or the Conservatives get a minorty government. Ideas, come on.

Bad people will always need to be killed.

Now go live your life and don't worry about shit like that, you haven't even gotten your foot in the door yet.

There's plenty of old fat fucks for the CF to get rid of and we're actually at a peak in the attrition cycle; there's going to be a lot of retirements in the next decade. So as long as you are offered a position and actually finish training, you'll be good for a minimum of 3 years; anything beyond that is up to you.

Just to put my 0.02c in, you may not even want to stay in the Army once you get in and get a taste of what it's like - and there's nothing wrong with that, but the chance is still there. It's great you have the ambition for the CF and CANSOF, but it's not beneficial for someone in your position to worry about political shit that may or may not happen that would be out of your control. Rack and Pro hit the nail on the head, focus on your next step to getting in and stay motivated to excel at your job if you do choose to stay in.

Just to put my 0.02c in, you may not even want to stay in the Army once you get in and get a taste of what it's like - and there's nothing wrong with that, but the chance is still there. It's great you have the ambition for the CF and CANSOF, but it's not beneficial for someone in your position to worry about political shit that may or may not happen that would be out of your control. Rack and Pro hit the nail on the head, focus on your next step to getting in and stay motivated to excel at your job if you do choose to stay in.
I'm waiting till I actually get into the army to make the choice as to weather or not I'd like to apply to an SOF.

We have no problem answering questions but just be a bit more detailed; specify if it's for school or not. Add in your opinion, etc.
Well, my opinion is, the military is like a car. If you don't take care of it properly, then when you need it, she won't start.

Well, my opinion is, the military is like a car. If you don't take care of it properly, then when you need it, she won't start.

The troops will always start, the truck or plane carrying them might not but the troops will lace up their boots and march on. The need for the newest/fanciest equipment is not needed to win a war.

Back