Not Work Safe Glorification by the Media of Mass Murders

Etype

Special Forces
Verified SOF
The media, in all its self-righteous pomp, glorifies mass murders by portraying them as smiling kids. A recent image search for Conditt revealed the following images-
conditt2.pngmark-anthony-conditt.jpg

A search for Adam Lanza-
lanza.jpglanza2.jpg

A search for Omar Mateen brings up a license picture that looks like a mugshot, but also a score of glamor shots which I won't torture you all with. The point to be made is this- we live in an era where imagery is of the utmost importance. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, music videos -images are what matters. When a crime hit the news, the consumers of that news want to see the perpetrator.

How do I think these three should be remembered? Well, I certainly don't think they should be remembered as smiling, innocent children. The media should work in cooperation with law enforcement to memorialize who they were when they died, not when they were lying to the camera wielding mother about their true nature., I'll leave you with some suggestive images below-
Dead-che-pre-cleanup-che-guevara.gifuday.jpg

The media, in all its self-righteous pomp, glorifies mass murders by portraying them as smiling kids. A recent image search for Conditt revealed the following images-
View attachment 21965View attachment 21966

A search for Adam Lanza-
View attachment 21967View attachment 21968

A search for Omar Mateen brings up a license picture that looks like a mugshot, but also a score of glamor shots which I won't torture you all with. The point to be made is this- we live in an era where imagery is of the utmost importance. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, music videos -images are what matters. When a crime hit the news, the consumers of that news want to see the perpetrator.

How do I think these three should be remembered? Well, I certainly don't think they should be remembered as smiling, innocent children. The media should work in cooperation with law enforcement to memorialize who they were when they died, not when they were lying to the camera wielding mother about their true nature., I'll leave you with some suggestive images below-
View attachment 21970View attachment 21971

Great point. Showing them with a bullet between their eyes may just make the next potential bomber/ shooter rethink the plan. Its been suggested over and over that many of these mass murderers just wanted to be forever famous, but I don't think they would want to forever be remembered as someone who looks like those dudes.

Last edited:
I think the lack of consequence has got to have been a factor for the continued school shootings, a few more pictures of the end result, or a few quick public hangings/electric chair/green dream injections executions would cool the desire to carry out their criminal activities.

Most -- if not all -- of the devils that commit mass school shootings exhibit their evil thoughts in multiple ways in front of multiple people. The problem is -- no one ever calls them out for it and gets anything done. It's always, "Little Evil Johnny is just playing to a different drummer. He doesn't really mean what he says and does, it's just an evil phase he is going through. He will eventually outgrow it and be less evil."

Yeah...right. If it only worked that way in the real world.

People have always been cunts and will continue to be cunts to one another, just visit liveleak if you want proof.

I can see how making a public display be discouraging to those who don't have the stones to fully commit to it, it wouldn't stop those that already punched their ticket but hopefully it would greatly discourage those who haven't.

Great point. Showing them with a bullet between their eyes may just make the next potential bomber/ shooter rethink the plan. Its been suggested over and over that many of these mass murderers just wanted to be forever famous, but I don't think they would want to forever be remembered as someone who looks like those dudes.
I think the lack of consequence has got to have been a factor for the continued school shootings, a few more pictures of the end result, or a few quick public hangings/electric chair/green dream injections executions would cool the desire to carry out their criminal activities.
Hang their carcasses from a meathook in the center of town.
What if I told you...

People willing/able/preparing for mass murder probably aren't going to be very shocked by mutilated bodies on the nightly news?

What if I told you...

People willing/able/preparing for mass murder probably aren't going to be very shocked by mutilated bodies on the nightly news?
You would probably be correct in some cases. But many have grand illusions of fame and may rethink their options if the standard is to post their most famous portrait as the one you see in the aftermath.
I honestly don't know how much difference it would make, but it won't hurt to try.

Last edited:
You would be probably be correct in some cases. But many have grand illusions of fame and may rethink their options if the standard is to post their most famous potrait as the one you see in the aftermath.
I honestly don't know how much difference it would make, but it won't hurt to try.
I think there are plenty of historical examples of rulers (despotic or otherwise) displaying the mutilated corpses of those that do things they don't like. I like the idea of never mentioning their at all. This isn't a reality in today's world, though. This whole topic requires such leaps of logic to even entertain it's a bit silly.

I get the intent of the thread- that the media should try to communicate as clearly as possible that these people were 'monsters' and made horrible choices, not that they were misunderstood every-day people that just had a bad day. I agree with that in theory. The practical application of putting their bodies on display sort of gets them what they want, doesn't it? More fame? Martyrdom?

I haven't talked to one multiple murderer yet that cared about any of those suggestions. They don't care about what MAY happen to them, nor do they care about their victims.

If there are some, I haven't met any!

I haven't talked to one multiple murderer yet that cared about any of those suggestions. They don't care about what MAY happen to them, nor do they care about their victims.
If there are some, I haven't met any!
Several living mass murderers have admitted in court that they did it just for fame. i.e James Holmes.

Several living mass murderers have admitted in court that they did it just for fame. i.e James Holmes.

I am speaking as to putting rotting bodies in the public square or playing on their sensibilities. I wasn't referencing their desiring fame. Regardless, none of that matters and it won't halt it. They will murder regardless of the media coverage others receive.

There is no shortage of freaks, weirdos, and the like amongst the population that admire and worship murderers. Look at all the fans of our past serial killers.

Oxygen thieves...all of them....

As long as the MSM can monetize tragedy, garbage will continue to get it's name in the limelight. Much as I hate to say this, we are losing the culture wars. The veneration of degenerates, like the above, is a symptom of the systemic rot that's taken hold of the country. While I'd like to say that our social reforms have made us a kinder and stronger country, the opposite is true in many cases. Until we get our house in order and start to truly punish the guilty, people are going to continue to glorify scumbags and self serving trash.

Not to sound like a Japanophile, but we could take a page or two out of their books on how criminals are socially shunned and incarcerated. Sadly, we have finishing schools for criminals and serving time is now a badge of honor in some communities.
Prison Systems Japan

So, even if they don't care how they are remembered, this strange phenomena happens often when the media glorifies a mass murderer.

Crazed girls flood Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz with fan mail

I read an article about this over breakfast. Disgusting.

I don't see any way that this type of fawning doesn't help contribute to future incidents. If you think of yourself as a nobody loser, who can't get a date and who gets pushed around all the time and who doesn't have any friends or meaning in their lives, why WOULDN'T you commit some evil act? Instant notoriety, instant attention, all kinds of girls throwing themselves at you.

I read an article about this over breakfast. Disgusting.

I don't see any way that this type of fawning doesn't help contribute to future incidents. If you think of yourself as a nobody loser, who can't get a date and who gets pushed around all the time and who doesn't have any friends or meaning in their lives, why WOULDN'T you commit some evil act? Instant notoriety, instant attention, all kinds of girls throwing themselves at you.

I thought about it from that angle (I'm not saying I've ever been like that but that I've known kids when I was in school who definitely fantasized with the idea), but the problem is for every social outcast who can't get a girl to talk to him, how many are actually committed to going through with something like this for their moment in the spotlight? When I went to high school you would have no problem at all finding kids who fit what everyone has said Nikolas Cruz was like in school, Christ I've worked with a few who I'm surprised never went through with shooting up a school. I think at some point it's just playing the odds on whether Tommy is tired of all the "sluts and assholes" and sincerely believes him doing something like this is the easy way to earn respect and attention.

In regards to the massive fawning over him I don't quite understand and find it mildly disturbing, but then again I'm interested in serial killer documentaries so I can't really be going around casting stones.

Sooooooooooo...... is this disturbed fan club made up of the same soap-eating age demographic that is demanding peace in the schools?

I paint with a broad brush because there is a lot that needs painting.
...and not only do I paint with a very broad brush - I use lots of wild sloppy strokes and no drop cloth

Sooooooooooo...... is this disturbed fan club made up of the same soap-eating age demographic that is demanding peace in the schools?

I would answer that with a very resounding "YES."

Back