GoRuck Challenge

Heads up for anyone doing it soon. They no longer have rucks for you to use, you haft to bring your own.

Is that just to loan out or are they out of stock on their website? I'm shooting for the July one in Buffalo myself

So goruck this time around was incredibly easier. The value it had as a good indication of SOF selection has been significantly decreased.

ha ha...I wonder how many calls for service will come out in San Francisco? Maybe I'll drive my and squak my air horn and yell out "SS" over the PA :D

I'm actually quite embarassed because I talked this thing up to some peers at the gym as a pretty good gut check. So when it turned out to be not so tough this time, the people I got to sign up think they are hot shit now lol.

We started the challenge yesterday around 21:30 and I got back to my truck ar0und 9:15. I don't have anything to compare it to but all I can say is I got my moneys worth and got exactly what I wanted out of it. The cadre for my team were Beaux and Rudy Reyes. I was standing in the formation waiting for shit to go down and I see this dude that looks exactly like Rudy Reyes from Generation Kill, and sure enough, it was. We started off with the team building exercises and smoke sessions, did a whole bunch of pushups and flutter kicks 'till failure and got fucked with quite a bit until we started moving as a team. We rucked up and down the coast of San Francisco carrying our rucks and a fire hose as our team weight. We rucked all over the streets of the city, on the beach, on the hill of the coast and everywhere in between. We ended up finding some 5 gallon buckets that we were allowed to fill with gravel and carry as well as some sand bags for our shoulders (we were lucky enough to keep those for a solid 6 hours or so). We also found some downed celebrities, one giant c-shaped log and 2 smaller 3 foot logs, that we carried with us for 2 hours or so. The hardest thing about all of the extra stuff we had to carry was not the weight, but rather the awkwardness of carrying it. Eventually we made it to a pond at daybreak and took a little dip in it before we had to take our logs to the next objective. Luckily on the way to the objective there was a staircase that we had to negotiate down with the big old log, and we did it in the required time and got to bid farewell to the logs. At the end of the challenge we headed out to baker beach for some flutter kicks in the ocean and after our low crawl up the beach and some more team drills, it was over.

The hardest part for me was not the physical aspect. I'm guessing it was around 03:00 where we rucked up to a point on the coast and had to wait in a line while looking at a wall for what seemed like ever to go talk to a person and decide whether or not they were who they said they were based off of information provided much earlier in the challenge. Moving and carrying things wasn't easy, but waiting there freezing our asses off halfway through the night wasn't a good time lol.

They're in San Diego for our anniversary (Dec 31st.) I'm trying to talk my wife into doing this with me.... She just did the Camp Pendleton Mud Run so she's in stellar shape for a woman--but obviously, this intimidates her. I think I can win her over and convince her this would be the most awesome anniversary date we've ever had.

They're in San Diego for our anniversary (Dec 31st.) I'm trying to talk my wife into doing this with me.... She just did the Camp Pendleton Mud Run so she's in stellar shape for a woman--but obviously, this intimidates her. I think I can win her over and convince her this would be the most awesome anniversary date we've ever had.

Do it man, Im gonna be there! Make sure to sign up for the 1am class ;)

Back