GoRuck Challenge

Finished the GoRuck Heavy this past weekend. 24+ hours 35+ miles with around 40lbs. Absolutely brutal. Nothing I have ever done has come anywhere close to how hard it was.
If any of you are familiar with San Francisco area, we started in presidio, made our way over to ocean beach for a nice dip in the warm Pacific, came back through the city over the GG bridge and proceeded to hike around the headlands for many hours carrying logs and doing other fun things. Ended on Crissy Beach with another dip and 2 hours of smoking. 6pm - 6pm.
Our main cadre was a former SEAL, who was an absolute animal who completely destroyed us. All the cadre were awesome and super professional. Would definitely recommend to anyone, no matter the background doing it at least once in their life.

What kind of endurance background do you have? Did you prepare for this at all? I'm doing the San Diego Go Ruck Challenge on June 20. I don't think it will be nearly as hard as the Heavy, but there's not one in my area before I leave for A&S.

What kind of endurance background do you have? Did you prepare for this at all? I'm doing the San Diego Go Ruck Challenge on June 20. I don't think it will be nearly as hard as the Heavy, but there's not one in my area before I leave for A&S.

I didn't specifically prepare for it, as I didn't l know I would be doing until about 2 weeks before. In my opinion, the best way to prepare would just to be rucking a lot and getting your legs and feet used to having all that weight on for long periods of time. If your challenge is anything like ours, no matter how you prepare your going to be smoked into the ground, no matter how strong you are. For me, the only problems with my body i had were my legs and feet were really not prepared for the abuse they took which is why I would suggest lots of rucking and leg bodyweight exercises.

I signed up for ABSOC in VA Beach on the 18th of July. I started another thread in the fitness section.

Signed up for Boulder/Denver HCL in August. Should be a shit show. Depending on how I feel I may get after "selection" in October.

I've been training at crossfit driven strong in Colorado Springs. They're a military athlete affiliate. I've seen serious strength and work capacity gains in the 6 weeks I've been here. I've got about 6 more weeks until HCL, I'll be ready.

Back