GoRuck Challenge

photo3.JPG
photo.JPGphoto2.JPG

Some images from GRC.

First pic is of the first objective. The smiling shitbag in front of me picked up that rock for a photo op while some of us carried em for the entire first 5 mile leg. During GRC you wish you can get people thrown out, but you cant. Sad face.

Second pic is an interesting one - approx 2.5 hours before the end of GRC. We rucked a long ass way to this moving van to do another mission type thing to help some guy move his broken down truck. At the end of it, the cadre made us believe we were finished with the entire thing and were getting a ride back to Ballast Point Park where we started - evidence is in the "victory photo" in front of the truck. We did get a ride, just not back to the park. But to the beginning of a new objective to get to the SOF memorial at MacDill. Watching peoples faces at that exact moment was priceless - everybodys shoulders were on fire along with some serious chaffage, and everybody had already mentally shut down thinking it was over. I was hurting also but mentally I could keep going. A lot of people were ready to quit when they found out he tricked us. Im the one in the front row taking a knee behind the box.

Third pic is part of that last mission to get to MacDill and to the SOF memorial. Most of us were exhausted and for the last 300 meters we had to pick a buddy in the same weight range and carry them to the memorial. You can stop, but can only drop your buddy once in order for you to switch. I ended up carrying the guy the whole time because I could see he could barely walk as it is. Im on the left.

Once I get emailed some more ill send em out.

Hey guys, I went out and bought the GR1 bag from these guys. It was a pretty penny at $295, but so far it is worth it. It has the most spinal protection I have seen in an assault pack. I am currently training with it now because I will be doing the Spartan Sprint with it on full of bricks. I bought it because it blends in well, and the craftsmanship so far is highly superior to even that of tactical tailor so far......I will repost after the Sprint and let you know how it holds up.

I'm going to hit up the Colorado Springs event once I get home, this looks like a great way to use some leave and spend my birthday. On a related note, anyone have any personal experience with Mystery Ranch packs? My wife is doing a Bataan march in a month or so and she just picked up the Crew Cab. I was thinking of snagging one of my own for stuff like these GoRuck events; I've got my eye on their ALICE interpretation, the Mountain Ruck.

Anyone else planning on attending the CO events? It'd be great to get a group together, and a good way to learn from some who may have participated before.

Back