Hockey Thread (NHL)

I loved waking up this morning and reading that my buddy and his wife were getting in when their 3yr old was getting up. So happy for him, won a cup his first year with the Blues. That cup should be hopefully huge for STL going forward to keep attracting good talent.

Last edited:
It's insane to think in the past few years we've seen the Cubs, Astros, andRoyals win the series, Capitals and Blues win the Cup, Toronto likely going to beat GSW. Now if only the Browns or Panthers would win a title.

Love the underdogs winning out.

Not to mention that as a Blues fan I had written off any hope back in January...playoffs are a crazy time.

F0D9C52A-6275-468F-9C9A-49616AE92525.jpeg
Pretty cool artwork! Although Sid should probably be the one giving the lesson.

Caps got their first win, hopefully another 50+ season for Ovi. A lot of talk now about him beating Gretzky’s record.

And piss-poor sportsmanship from Evander Kane shoving a ref. Not the sort of crap you want to see.

Auston Matthews looking shit hot already with 5 goals in 3 games. Not a Leafs fan but it’s good to see a strong start after a bit of a shitty off season for him.

Lightning celebrate 46 Congressional Medal of Honor recipients

How did they fit that many balls on to a single rink?

Yeah, they just had a Medal of Honor Convention here. Woody Williams, the guy who did the puck drop is a 96-year old former Marine corporal who incinerated about six Japanese pillboxes on Iwo Jima with a flamethrower. Two of the Marines who were giving him covering fire were killed while he went about his business.

Total. fucking. badass.

Last edited:
Yeah, they just had a Medal of Honor Convention here. Woody Williams, the guy who did the puck drop is a 96-year old former Marine corporal who incinerated about six Japanese pillboxes on Iwo Jima with a flamethrower. Two of the Marines who were giving him covering fire were killed while he went about his business.

Total fucking badass.
Woody lives near by. I've spoken to him a couple of times. First time was in a grocery store parking lot. Super nice guy.

Woody lives near by. I've spoken to him a couple of times. First time was in a grocery store parking lot. Super nice guy.
I root for my Moms homeland when it comes to 3/4 major sports... but my childhood home still has sway over hockey for me. The lightning are special- I went to middle school with the old GMs daughter and he gave us free tickets for career day.

when my WWII grandad lived with us for 1/2 the year, coach Torts wife came by with meals on wheels for him (she went to St. Stephens in Riverview with us) and would have lunch with him. Their son is also now one of the best Squad Leaders in 1st Batt and an all around great human being, role model and friend. I fucking love that organization and all they do for vets and the Bay Area.

I know it’s early in the season but I’m surprised by the Coyotes and Panthers. Those teams in past years have not done well. They both made some moves over the off season and they’re both doing not too bad considering.

Blackhawks and LA have slipped. Big time.

Panthers don't surprise me too much due to their GM. The biggest mistake that organization made was the hiatus time period they put him on while deconstructing the draft picks in that same time frame. Had they not done that, they would probably be one of the teams in serious contention.

The first ever Australian to be drafted and play in the NHL, Nathan Walker, is having an absolute banger in the AHL at the moment. Left the Caps/Hershey after last season and signed with the Blues but didn’t make the roster so was assigned to SA Rampage. He’s currently sitting 4th for goals.

We aren’t a hockey nation and his path to get to where he is...he deserves all the success that comes his way. He’s on fire at the moment and I hope he gets some more
NHL time.

Back