Hockey Thread (NHL)

Friggin' Wild. Losing to the Sabres. Well, on the bright side, Granlund scored two tonight. So, that's good...wait a sec... :wall:

Friggin' Wild. Losing to the Sabres. Well, on the bright side, Granlund scored two tonight. So, that's good...wait a sec... :wall:

I was at the game. Very surprised at lack of energy by the squad. It looked like they were all just "skating around "

That first goal was tough, he never had a chance to stop it.

It was Military Appreciation night. Wild did their warm ups and pre game in Camo Sweaters and then gave them to kids (signed) of military families who had someone deployed. NHL does such a solid job of honoring vets. Somehow the way the NFL does it just isn't sincere...NHL is all class and makes me feel less jaded by how they do things.

Purple Heart awarded Vets on ice from Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Crowd was thunderous in their reaction. Emotional to see (and hear)

IMG_5758.JPG

I was there too. Wish I would've known you were there; would've bought you a beer.

Strong concur on everything above.

This thread slipped 6 pages back....needed to bring it back since the Wild have been playing incredibly well as of late - 12 straight wins. But Columbus...holy crap are they lights out so far.

FREEKING outstanding game last night. Logged onto the Ticket Exchange site to see about taking my kid tomorrow night's matchup.

Over $200 for nosebleeds.

Nope.

Pens play the Habs on Saturday. Should be a goalie showdown between Fluery and Price.

Islanders are crash and burning this year.. just put Halak on waivers today.

Honestly think the team is better on paper (then last year).. just not getting it done.

Rant on

So OK fine, I don't have season tickets to the Wild but I am interested enough that I want to follow them this season. We cut cable a few years ago and so I do not have access to watching them on regular TV.

I figured I would just suck it up and spend the money and subscribe to NHL.com online and get the games that way. Nope.

I go to the site and look at the options, and in reading the fine print it becomes pretty apparent that I can watch any game that is not a local game. So I even if I spend the money to subscribe to their stupid service, I still can't watch the freaking Minnesota Wild.

I'm sure they have all kinds of contractual reasons that they blackout the home games online, but then don't piss and moan about revenue when I am willing to pay to watch your product online, and you will not offer it to me. You leave me no choice but to still go online, but instead of giving my cash to the NHL, I will instead find a free link out of Europe and still watch it in hi DEF.

Makes about as much sense as music. I am happy to buy my songs off of iTunes. You wrote it, produced it, did the work, I'll give you a buck. That is of course unless you decide that I can only have your particular song if I buy the whole album. Fuck that, then you force me to go back to my old ways.

I go to the site and look at the options, and in reading the fine print it becomes pretty apparent that I can watch any game that is not a local game. So I even if I spend the money to subscribe to their stupid service, I still can't watch the freaking Minnesota Wild.

VPN to mask your location may be an option.

VPN to mask your location may be an option.

Agree. And that's what I'll likely end up doing. Just irritating that I am standing here with money in my hand, and teams (more realistically Networks) are making it difficult.

I thought the Twitter test that the NFL did was a positive sign.

Columbus is just a buzzsaw and showed why they're on top of the standings, especially with rapid fire goals after the fights in the 2nd. Overall, the Wild played OK but missed on a couple key opportunities, particularly one by Parise that he drives home 99 out of 100 times.

Penguins and Capitals went on a shoot-out reminiscent of late 80's and early 90's hockey. Final score in OT, Pens 8, Caps 7. Hat trick by Malkin

Back