Hockey Thread (NHL)

Well I can tell you the Avs are a bunch of self-entitled cunts. I don't know who or why the locker room is like that but those arseholes need to sort their attitude out.

All right, not NHL directly but serious hockey...the MN State High School Tournament kicks off today. That means another year of this aweseomeness:

The Pens were looking to move to Kansas City about a decade ago. It would be a welcome addition to the Western Conference.

I didn't know that. That would have been during my personal Dark Ages between when I watched hockey. Always thoughts the Pens were a staple of the East.

I'm not even pissed about the Wild anymore. Just a damn shame what has happened to them.

Truth be told we just don't have a "star" player who can take a game under control when things are not going well. We need to be giving 100% effort all the time, unlike the Blackhawks who can slack a bit from time to time but and still get back into it.

Wild will lose in first round sweep of the play off's to the Blues and their former coach Mike Yeo.

The phrase "four in a row, for Mike Yeo" will take on a new meaning here.

Fans let Wild have it in 4-2 loss to struggling Vancouver

I agree that the Olympics are very much professional for most events, with athletes being paid a fair amount to train and participate. That said, I don't have strong feelings one way or another on the NHL's decision; I don't much care whether they allow play or not. However, their reasoning seems pretty flawed.

The league suggesting that a compressed Olympic schedule leads to more injuries when their plan is to schedule league games and practices during this same time doesn't make sense. Also, participation in the Olympics is not about how it benefits the league, that's a separate issue. To me, the decision to participate in Olympics is entirely one of national pride for the players.

That's because the NHL is pussyifying the sport. They needed to do something about the concussions, yes, but there needs to be a balance.

That's just on NBC though, before the 2004-2005 lockout they had local TV deals with the likes of Fox. Now, I have to be in a weird package and have NHL to get hockey.

Back