Hockey Thread (NHL)

Too little too late I am afraid. Even with Zack P. back, I don’t know If MN can pick up enough points to crawl back into a playoff run.

Stahl's (sp) goals were nice. But I tell you, I haven't been this excited and wound up over a game in a couple of months lol.

Alex Ovechkin recently racked up his 600th goal and this photo of him is made up of every single goalie he has ever scored on. Incredible piece of work.

image.jpg

How popular is hockey in Minnesota? See the Tweet below:

View attachment 21770
Blah, the Panthers.

The Lightning on the other hand, will soon be the 2018 Stanley Cup Champions.

ETA-

I just checked, the Lightning have higher attendance this year than the Minnesota Wild according to hockeydb.com

Blah, the Panthers.

The Lightning on the other hand, will soon be the 2018 Stanley Cup Champions.

ETA-

I just checked, the Lightning have higher attendance this year than the Minnesota Wild according to hockeydb.com
Now, not belabor my light hearted post but.... :D

The official maximum capacity of the Xcel Energy Center (Wild home rink) is 17,954
The Wild's average attendance is 19,010 (well over capacity)

The official capacity of Amalie Arena (Lightning home) is 20,500
The Lightning's average attendance is 19,092 (sadly, under capacity)

Source: 2017-2018 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN or you can use hockeydb.com and probably arrive at the same answer.

Just sayin. :p

ETA: I wonder what percentage of those Lightning attendees are snowbirds from Minnesota?!

Now, not belabor my light hearted post but.... :D

The official maximum capacity of the Xcel Energy Center (Wild home rink) is 17,954
The Wild's average attendance is 19,010 (well over capacity)

The official capacity of Amalie Arena (Lightning home) is 20,500
The Lightning's average attendance is 19,092 (sadly, under capacity)

Source: 2017-2018 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN or you can use hockeydb.com and probably arrive at the same answer.

Just sayin. :p

ETA: I wonder what percentage of those Lightning attendees are snowbirds from Minnesota?!
All good points, to add- I assume there are more players on the Lightning from MN than from FL (0).

You guys see this story about the 'pooled' goalie who got the play for Chicago over the weekend and saved every shot? Cool as hell!

You guys see this story about the 'pooled' goalie who got the play for Chicago over the weekend and saved every shot? Cool as hell!

Yeah was pretty big news around here. He plays with a few guys I used to play with in the competitive league at our rink.

My friend from college plays for the Jets so the banter in text that they couldn't score on a men's league guy was great. My buddy had the point blank attempt that he couldn't put away.

Awesome story.

The dude is just chillin' watching the game when:

Blackhawks: "Scott, we need a goalie!!!"

Looks at his buddies...

Scott: "Hold my beer."

LOL!

Don't care much for the Hawks or their so-called fans but that was an awesome story.

Avs blew a two goal lead yesterday in the third. I mean, come on.

Back