How many Rangers can fit into one C-17??

Interesting, thanks.

MAV?

hell for the QRF for Rhino I had 1800 rounds of 5.56 link on my MAV...

Not counting the other 2k I carried in my ruck... we had like 1 MRE, water, and an ungodly amount of ammunition...

I regularily patrolled in the 'stan with 1000 rounds on me and 100 on the gun.

We didn't sit on our rucks, you'd sit and have it between your legs, snapped in on the floor. Hopefully your buddy behind you packed his snivel on the bottom of his ruck so you have a comfy ruck to lean on.

We jumped assault packs, but we were rigged before we got on the bird, so that shit was just sitting on top of your legs the entire flight lol.

MAV? We always called it a RACK.

I was going to get a pic of RP's, but then I realized he still has everything attached to his RBA...lol

Gotta love inflight rigging.
One of my guys came within seconds of missing a mustard stain due to an unfastened harness for a 240. His story of the jump is pretty hairy-- I will try to get him on here and let him tell it himself...

The vest is the pic on the right and the pouches are separate and are attached as needed?

What kind of assault packs were they? are they any good?

Are the MAV's/racks any good?

Are both these pieces of equipment available to the public?
--------
I found a MAV online.

London Bridge Trading co, better than the BH ones IMO. Yeah you can buy either of them I'm sure. The RACK is oen great piece of kit, considering we were originally using the Vietnam era LCE. Hell, even the mujahidin use a form of RACK lol. This is the basic idea, it has pouches for just about anythign and can be configured as you like http://www.extremeoutfitters.us/browseproducts/R.A.C.K.-(Kit--2)-RANGER-ASSAULT-CARRY-KIT-WC.html.

RACK: Ranger Assault Carrying Kit, multiple vendors, fixed configuration in some distributions.

MAV: Modular Assault Vest, Tactical Tailors, modular molle style.

both variants used by the 75th...

I personally liked the tactical tailor MAV. I still have the one that was issued but once I got to bliss I "couldnt wear it becasue it was OD and not ACU.." Bitch asses.

Haha nice pic. Reminds me of the cattle trucks they used to use on Bragg to get us to green ramp. "how many people can we fit on a cattle truck" "ONE MORE"

C17's are roomy...try doing all that in a Herc...or put a platoon in a Chinook with a fuel bladder...

Shit MAV/Rack bla bla bla.....haha

I remember when i got my hands on a H-harness old school Vietnam era LCE - I thought I was pretty high speed.

MAV and Rack look like HUUUUUGE improvement. Might have to pic one up! LOL Never know when you might be running around town with a basic combat load!

That C-17 pic looks familiar...all I can say is THANK GOD we inflight rigged for the trip over to Ali Al Salem!

You actually liked inflight rigging?! You are the first person I have heard ever say that lol

It was something like a 20 Hour flight (with a 4-5 hour delay in Madrid). Yeah....I loved in-flight rig.

Would you have liked to wear that shit from Savannah to Kuwait? Go for it! LMAO

Back