Infection

Polar Bear

They call me Mr Sunshine
Verified Military
Infection:
05:15 dog pissed on floor I went to pop him in the nose for being a bad dog. He lifted his head and I caught a tooth on the middle finger. 12 hours later I have this. Went to the ER gave me antibiotics and pain meds.

Attachments

• mini-IMG_1702.JPG
    mini-IMG_1702.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 53
  • mini-IMG_1703.JPG
    mini-IMG_1703.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 45
  • mini-IMG_1705.JPG
    mini-IMG_1705.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 45
Your dog is the size of a horse, I can't say that I'm surprised! }:-)

Sorry you're hurting, hope it's better soon.

Only been on the anti 3 hours. The pics don't do it Justice. The doc was freaked that it had only been 11 hours since it happened. If it has not gone down some by tomorrow morning I have to get an antibiotic IV

That's actually happened to me before. Wounds on the hand swell a lot at first, maybe because there's not much flesh on the hand?
I bet it'll go down by tomorrow and just be badly bruised.

Puncture wounds are bad like that..the icky stuff gets shoved down in the tissue and just sits there..festering..like the pic there. :(
Stop punching the dog PB and ban someone instead.:uhh:

Dumbass, call me next time.
I'm something of an expert with that.

I'm assuming the anti-biotic is augmentin?

P.S. kick him next time! lol

I got a human bite to the head as a child, 20 stitches for me, 4 front teeth for the other kid. We were playing cricket, long story. Anyway, I ended up looking like the elephant man the next day, the bite/gash was 3 inches above my right eye in the hair line, the swelling closed my right eye up and doubled the size of my head.

Dumbass, call me next time.
I'm something of an expert with that.

I'm assuming the anti-biotic is augmentin?

P.S. kick him next time! lol

You are correct. I thought it was broke at first and went to work too much to do. By 3 it hurt so bad I thought I was going to pass out. I bumped it and the scab came loose and puss oozed out. If it makes you feel better you are the one that got me to go to the ER. I remembered a post you had made about being bitten by a cat and having to get shots. (THANK YOU FOR THE POST) If not for the post I would have come home and treated it with large quantities of beer

It has not gone down but it has not gotten any bigger. Still throbbing like a bitch.

Don't tell me you went to St. Luke Hospital ??

St E...Where you been? Shoot me a Pm when you get a chance I have to talk to you about verification

I got a human bite to the head as a child, 20 stitches for me, 4 front teeth for the other kid. We were playing cricket, long story. Anyway, I ended up looking like the elephant man the next day, the bite/gash was 3 inches above my right eye in the hair line, the swelling closed my right eye up and doubled the size of my head.

Human bites are absolutely the worst. Why we have so much bacteria in our mouthes is beyond me. Anyone?

You are correct. I thought it was broke at first and went to work too much to do. By 3 it hurt so bad I thought I was going to pass out. I bumped it and the scab came loose and puss oozed out. If it makes you feel better you are the one that got me to go to the ER. I remembered a post you had made about being bitten by a cat and having to get shots. (THANK YOU FOR THE POST) If not for the post I would have come home and treated it with large quantities of beer

It has not gone down but it has not gotten any bigger. Still throbbing like a bitch.

Well I'm glad my BS posts have helped someone! :)

What anti-biotic are you on?

What is the dose?

Watch for red streaks travelling up your vein, that is the sign to immediatly go to hospital.

Don't discount beer therapy so quickly :)

Well I'm glad my BS posts have helped someone! :)

What anti-biotic are you on?

What is the dose?

Watch for red streaks travelling up your vein, that is the sign to immediatly go to hospital.

Don't discount beer therapy so quickly :)

Amoxicillin/Clavulanate 875mg/125mg

Played outside in the snow w/ my boys.... MISTAKE hand feels like someone is hitting it w/ a hammer with every heart beat

Amoxicillin/Clavulanate 875mg/125mg

Played outside in the snow w/ my boys.... MISTAKE hand feels like someone is hitting it w/ a hammer with every heart beat

What is the dose? How much are you taken of that? 2 pills twice daily?

Keep the hand raised when possible, that'll help with the throbbing pain.

What is the dose? How much are you taken of that? 2 pills twice daily? Yes

Keep the hand raised when possible, that'll help with the throbbing pain. I know but it was the first snow fall

I took some pain meds and took a nap

Good thats the correct dose, how long are you taking it for?

You could put an ice pack/snow on it as well.

Getting info out of you is like pulling fucking teeth! lol

Back