Israel and Iran

To be clear, I think he's been a punk. But he retired as a police captain, so I'm going to at least give him that. That's all.

Eh, doesn't say much top. As we know, as dudes move up in rank, the stupider they get. He probably rode his race for his entire career including up to CPT. Just another shill. Fuck his career.

I had a bunch of cadets over to the house today.
One of them said several cadets are considering leaving the Academy and going to Israel to join the fight.

I have way of corroborating this reporting.
Better to wait, their opportunities are coming.

Israelis are bombing the airports in Syria. Syrians not talking about air defense actions, so I wonder if they are putting their F-35's to good use.

What's your thought on thus Mara?
Generally speaking, I think if you're in the US military (all Academy cadets are active-duty) you should fight for your country, not someone else's. It's the same thing I thought about cadets who wanted to go to Ukraine to fight the Russians (I don't know if any ever did). No divided loyalties.

At the same time, you can walk from the Academy any time up to the first day of your junior year, no strings attached. So if you'd rather do that, than this, then godspeed. And if you're past that point, and it's worth the $250,000 or whatever it is to pay back the USG for your education and buy out your contract... I guess I'm OK with that too.

Also, we give people leaves of absence all the time to do all manner of things, like Mormon missionary work. So I could see a case to be made for a cadet to take an LOA to go help Israel, depending on what manner that service would take.

That said, I'm not involved in the decision-making for these types of things, and I have no idea what the official policy is on these things. Just my opinion.

This thread has caused me to pause and reflect on the fact that I have been complacent in carrying when I leave the house. I have no excuse, Minnesota is one of the easier states to carry pretty much everywhere. I made it to the range this weekend, and now back at it.

Generally speaking, I think if you're in the US military (all Academy cadets are active-duty) you should fight for your country, not someone else's. It's the same thing I thought about cadets who wanted to go to Ukraine to fight the Russians (I don't know if any ever did). No divided loyalties.

At the same time, you can walk from the Academy any time up to the first day of your junior year, no strings attached. So if you'd rather do that, than this, then godspeed. And if you're past that point, and it's worth the $250,000 or whatever it is to pay back the USG for your education and buy out your contract... I guess I'm OK with that too.

Also, we give people leaves of absence all the time to do all manner of things, like Mormon missionary work. So I could see a case to be made for a cadet to take an LOA to go help Israel, depending on what manner that service would take.

That said, I'm not involved in the decision-making for these types of things, and I have no idea what the official policy is on these things. Just my opinion.
I would also posit that the likelihood of going from attending classes in uniform to clearing buildings in Gaza is pretty low. It’s far more likely that they would end up on some sort of domestic security mission or other form of internal military support.

This thread has caused me to pause and reflect on the fact that I have been complacent in carrying when I leave the house. I have no excuse, Minnesota is one of the easier states to carry pretty much everywhere. I made it to the range this weekend, and now back at it.

I carry every time I leave the house. Every place I go, doesn't matter where.

When I go to work, I have a gun also, I lock it in my work locker.

I recently started carrying a truck rifle with a small bag/extra mags, trauma gear, head light.

I've always had trauma gear and a get home bag in my truck but I leveled up.

I feel like this is obvious but hey....

Right wing propaganda. The biggest threat to American citizens are these 2A supporters and disgruntled GWOT combat veterans. Fed LEO is working OT scouring the internet looking for "dog whistle" terminology to prevent another Jan. 6. It's a thankless tedious job they get little credit for.

GOP has been working to block Ham-ass supporters and sympathizers innocent civilians escaping the genocide in Gaza from entering the country legally. These poor folks have no other option.

And oh yeah, America's military budget prevents us from having free healthcare and causes poverty.

That is all.

Back