Israel and Iran

This’ll calm the waters…

Three sons of Hamas leader Haniyeh killed in Israeli airstrike

CAIRO, April 10 (Reuters) - Three sons of Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh were killed in an Israeli airstrike in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday, the Palestinian Islamist group and Haniyeh's family said.

The Israeli military confirmed carrying out the attack, describing the three sons as operatives in the Hamas armed wing.

The three sons - Hazem, Amir and Mohammad - were killed when the car they were driving in was bombed in Gaza's Al-Shati camp, Hamas said. Four of Haniyeh's grandchildren, three girls and a boy, were also killed in the attack, Hamas said.
Those guys knew they were top-level targets. The only reason they would be traveling together is if they thought they were not targetable.

The reason they thought they were untargetable was probably because they were traveling with a bunch of kids, and they didn't think the Israelis would blow up a bunch of "refugees."

I think we've reached peak societal idiocy. The individuals description explains it all.
A video of the incident posted on social media by the Atlas Society showed the student, who was wrapped in pro-Palestinian and transgender flags and wearing a mask, disrupting Grossman’s speech after taking issue with her stance on the Israel-Hamas war and her previous work as senior vice president of fruit and vegetable company Dole.

"...the student, who was wrapped in pro-Palestinian and transgender flags and wearing a mask..."

Everything we need to know.

A side note: Does anybody think, or have any reason to believe any more of the hostages will be freed or exchanged?
Most people don't even realize there are still American hostages being held by Hamas. So, sadly, no.

These folks are ahead of their time. Death to America, Dearborn, MI first!
Yup. Which makes me wonder why Israel wanted to import more of these people into the US. It's almost like they're trying to embroil us in their bullshit. If that fails then they want us to suffer as they have.

Those guys knew they were top-level targets. The only reason they would be traveling together is if they thought they were not targetable.

The reason they thought they were untargetable was probably because they were traveling with a bunch of kids, and they didn't think the Israelis would blow up a bunch of "refugees."
The Israeli's have been even handed when it comes to kids, as in they hit targets kids or not. If I was more cynical, I'd wager the Hamas had a hostage or two with them. Hence why they thought they were untouchable.

I wouldn't trust Israeli intel people any more than Hamas intel people. They both have some serious screws loose.

Yup. Which makes me wonder why Israel wanted to import more of these people into the US. It's almost like they're trying to embroil us in their bullshit. If that fails then they want us to suffer as they have.

The Israeli's have been even handed when it comes to kids, as in they hit targets kids or not. If I was more cynical, I'd wager the Hamas had a hostage or two with them. Hence why they thought they were untouchable.

I wouldn't trust Israeli intel people any more than Hamas intel people. They both have some serious screws loose.
People in general, and members of the intel community in particular, are not to be trusted.

Apparently, the Israeli's are using AI for targeting purposes in some capacity. Source.

From an international law perspective, I'd be very interested to see how that plays out if it's true. I could easily see the Israeli's saying something to the effect of, "Hey, we uploaded legit intelligence data into the system and placed 'proportionality parameters' on the AI, thus abiding by the laws of armed conflict. If you don't like how AI interpreted those parameters, then change or further specify the law regarding proportionality."

People in general, and members of the intel community in particular, are not to be trusted.

Why? They totally nailed the collapse of Afghanistan.

Oh, wait...
----
For those of you who aren't aware, Mara and I predicted a month or two for shitting the bed, something like that, all without the benefit of national level intel reports. We (probably some others here, my apologies if I've forgotten you), I shit you not, used sketchy sources like Fox and CNN, to produce a better timeline than the CIA and State for Afghanistan's collapse.

We were still wrong, but we were more on point than our national level intelligence organizations.

Let me be clear, I'm not bragging. This post is to show some of you how broken the intelligence business is in our country and probably the world. A couple of Jabronis with a few months of experience in country and access to the internet had a better idea of the country's fate than organizations like the CIA. I'm not proud of that, I'm horrified.

Why? They totally nailed the collapse of Afghanistan.

Oh, wait...
----

Let me be clear, I'm not bragging. This post is to show some of you how broken the intelligence business is in our country and probably the world. A couple of Jabronis with a few months of experience in country and access to the internet had a better idea of the country's fate than organizations like the CIA. I'm not proud of that, I'm horrified.
Intelligence "Professionals " are more concerned with the process then providing accurate, timely intel.
Protecting sources and methods ( pre 9/11) trumped supporting the mission.

No arguments there. They're never meant to be trusted, but the batch running the show are a special kind of deranged. So much so, that their incompetence and general lack of ethics is glaringly obvious. In Israel and Hamas's case, add a dash of religious fervor and a propensity to graft from other nations. I will say Israel is better at bilking the US for money though.

Apparently, the Israeli's are using AI for targeting purposes in some capacity. Source.

From an international law perspective, I'd be very interested to see how that plays out if it's true. I could easily see the Israeli's saying something to the effect of, "Hey, we uploaded legit intelligence data into the system and placed 'proportionality parameters' on the AI, thus abiding by the laws of armed conflict. If you don't like how AI interpreted those parameters, then change or further specify the law regarding proportionality."
I heard about something similar. That's very disconcerting. What's being passed off as AI is a more complex version of a search engine. It's Israeli high command and the intel dweebs way of automating the kill chain. Seems they think that feigning ignorance insulates them from not doing their due diligence.

Last edited:
Back