John Wick 3 - SPOILERS and discussion thread

Okay....spoilers....because I sometimes like to have a basic idea of what I'm walking into....

Starts where the 2 ended. John has an hour....

Seems everyone in NY is as assassin by the way....

John fights his way out of NY....and makes it to Halle Berry. She is HAWT, and has 2 Belgian Malinois....these dogs are badass!

He makes it across the desert and makes a deal with the devil himself, and has to give up a finger to do so....he is told that he is to kill Winston.

Makes it back to America and the Continental. Winston lets him in because now he is expected to give up the hotel and die as punishment for helping John. A fight happens....LOL

John ends up sparing Winston, but Winston betrays John and shoots him to save his own life and keep the hotel.

News flash...John survives the the shots. He's taken into the bowery underground....

Standby in one year for: John Wick....Neo and Morpheus together again.

To add -

I'll admit now that '2' had me a little down....I was concerned that '1' was a flash in the pan. Guys....'3' is better than `1`, at least that is how I am feeling right now!

Every time a really good movie like John Wick or The Equalizer comes out and they announce that they there is going to be a second and then a third... I am always that little bit worried they’ll ruin it, flog the movies within an inch of their life at the expense of quality just to keep raking in that coin.

That is not the case with this movie. This is 3 from 3. Looking forward to the next one.

Just went to go see it, I thought it was great. I sort of saw the betrayal coming, but I also feel like Winston specifically shot for the chest because he knew that John had that bulletproof suit. So maybe he did the old, switch sides to pretend to switch back only to bamboozle the side he was originally on so that he can fight against them. He wanted to be welcomed back and run his hotel, and he said he would shoot John. But his first shot, John wasn't moving, so he could have easily pulled up for a headshot and finished the job. But instead elected for a couple rounds to the magical bulletproof suit, which absorbs bullets like marshmallows. John fell off a couple stories, but I feel like he wasn't firing downward afterwards to finish it because he knew that John was still kicking and just wanted that adjudicator out of his hair so that he could plot against them while they thought he was on their side. I feel like in 4 there's going to be another switcheroo and Winston is going to be helping NYC try to defeat the High Table for good.

Just went to go see it, I thought it was great. I sort of saw the betrayal coming, but I also feel like Winston specifically shot for the chest because he knew that John had that bulletproof suit. So maybe he did the old, switch sides to pretend to switch back only to bamboozle the side he was originally on so that he can fight against them. He wanted to be welcomed back and run his hotel, and he said he would shoot John. But his first shot, John wasn't moving, so he could have easily pulled up for a headshot and finished the job. But instead elected for a couple rounds to the magical bulletproof suit, which absorbs bullets like marshmallows. John fell off a couple stories, but I feel like he wasn't firing downward afterwards to finish it because he knew that John was still kicking and just wanted that adjudicator out of his hair so that he could plot against them while they thought he was on their side. I feel like in 4 there's going to be another switcheroo and Winston is going to be helping NYC try to defeat the High Table for good.
My wife agrees with you.
I think Winston doesn't see JW 5 get filmed, and the black dude takes the hotel over.
I wanted to see the adjudicator get capped, but no joy.
maligators rock.

maligators rock.
This.

And Halle Berry is still a smoke show.

My biggest gripe is that we had to sit next to an old dude that couldn't help oohing and ahhing throughout the movie along with some other ding-dongs that felt the need to clap at various points throughout. It doesn't happen often but those kinds of audiences make me not want to go to movies. Hoot and hollar all you want on your own couch but check yourself in public.

Last edited:
My biggest gripe is that we had to sit next to an old dude that couldn't help oohing and ahhing throughout the movie along with some other ding-dongs that felt the need to clap at various points throughout. It doesn't happen often but those kinds of audiences make me not want to go to movies.
That exact same thing happened to me, why the hell do people want to clap during a movie? There was a whole crowd who started going "Oof" when those asian guys started smoking people with swords, I think it'd be cool to do that at home, but that almost ruined my experience at the theaters.

Holy shit. Legitimately some of the best action I've seen in a movie.

Not just the scenes but the composition of the movie in general. Every act had a fantastic fight sequence.

Loved some of the movie references. Gun store scene from The Good The Bad and The Ugly. So unexpected and random, but so awesome lol

Halle Berry is super awesome in this. Expected her to play a badass character, but didn't expect that. She is still a top tier actress and it seems she prepped really well for her role.

Now what they did in the 2nd act seems a matter of taste. Personaly I was absolutly fine with it. I heard others didn't like it so much. Don't care at all. They could have done anything, it is now what it is. Whatever choice, it wouldn't have satisfied everyone. I think it absolutly made sense, he repaid his friend, and that lead to a dramatic twist at the end, and setup for a sequel, so there's that.

The fanboi part had me dead lol - Mark Dacascos, great job.

I thought more emotions from Wick would have been cool especialy in the third act. But the acting in this movie was generaly solid.

The more John Wick movies I see, the more I wished it's writers and producers would work on a Hitman adaptation, because those people seem to be the only ones who grasp it.

That whole scene in the Continental's vault was a love letter to competition shooters. If you look carefully, you can see the Taran Tactical logo plastered all over John's rifle and mags.

Side note: Each one of those magazines for the "2011 Combat Master" is like $120 a piece, so he was easily wearing over $1k just in magazines.

Back