Lone Survivor the Movie

Walberg? Really? Hey I liked him in shooter and the other guys sure, but his attitude and rep as of late of "I'd have taken all the terrorists out on the plane" really has me losing respect for him lately. I dunno if I'm all that comphy with him playing the lead in this. Still, if I did have a say in crap like this I'd be in hollywood with a shit ton of money enjoying life not working my ass off at college :p

Walberg? Really? Hey I liked him in shooter and the other guys sure, but his attitude and rep as of late of "I'd have taken all the terrorists out on the plane" really has me losing respect for him lately. I dunno if I'm all that comphy with him playing the lead in this. Still, if I did have a say in crap like this I'd be in hollywood with a shit ton of money enjoying life not working my ass off at college :p

Maybe Charlie Sheen declined :thumbsup:

Mr. Luttrell is 6 foot 5.... Marky Mark is like 5'6" or something. And if he can't hide that Boston accent... Yeah I'm worried this movie might suck.

I thought Ryan Reynolds would have been a better fit for Luttrell- they do look a lot alike.
Luttrell.jpg

images

Mr. Luttrell is 6 foot 5.... Marky Mark is like 5'6" or something. And if he can't hide that Boston accent... Yeah I'm worried this movie might suck.
I'm thinking maybe the website is wrong. It would make more since for Marky Mark to play Murphy- as Walberg has the city accent. This is the same website that had this movie coming out like 3 years ago so...

I'm thinking maybe the website is wrong. It would make more since for Marky Mark to play Murphy- as Walberg has the city accent. This is the same website that had this movie coming out like 3 years ago so...
I've seen it on other sites too. I'll try and find a link when im on my computer

If it follows the book to the letter, then it's gonna be be more 'America Fuck Yeah' movie than anything Hollywood has ever made.
But then again, I'm on the outside looking in.
Oh well, as long as it's got Night Stalkers I'm sold :D

I'll see it regardless. Have a buddy down in Houston who actually met Marcus Luttrell said he was a really laid back, humble guy who was appreciative to others.

An associate of mine is the brother of one of the slain warriors. He told me that his family among the others has been advised and brought into the loop. According to him there has been controversy but everyone is confident and they trust it will be well done very respectfully and accurately.

An associate of mine is the brother of one of the slain warriors. He told me that his family among the others has been advised and brought into the loop. According to him there has been controversy but everyone is confident and they trust it will be well done very respectfully and accurately.

you do a movie with that high a number of emotions running in it and people are bound to have a few issues prop up.

UPDATE

GGXHb.jpg

Wahlberg filming new movie in Santa Fe

SANTA FE, N.M. — A Hollywood A-lister is back in New Mexico to film his second major movie in the past few months.

Mark Wahlberg and the rest of the crew were spotted shooting at some pretty high altitudes recently. They're filming a movie called "Lone Survivor." It's based on a book about Navy SEALs.
Some of the scenes set in Afghanistan are being shot on top of Santa Fe Ski Mountain. Actors had to use ATVs or ski lifts to get up there.

The state's film office said the movie is employing about 200 New Mexico crew members and actors. Some crew members told Action 7 News that Wahlberg's a really nice guy and even cooked them burgers for dinner one night.

The production of "Lone Survivor" has faced a major hurdle. The Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office said someone stole thousands of dollars worth of propane and copper wiring that are used for special effects.

See video here...

---------------------

Lone Survivor Movie Cast Updates
14 November 2012

Lone Survivor, which is currently filming at Kirtland Air Force Base, near Albuquerque, N.M, has amassed a very impressive cast from the starring roles down to the supporting roles.

Recent additions to the cast include Scott Elrod who will be portraying Navy SEAL Peter Musselman, Rich Ting who will be playing Navy SEAL James Suh and Dan Bilzerian whose role is yet to be confirmed. However, considering the remarkable likeness, it’s very likely that Bilzerian will be portraying Master Chief Dan Healy.

Lone Survivor promises to be a blockbuster film. Stay tuned for more updates…

OpgJ0.jpg
iOibg.jpg
zsafH.jpg

Agreed. Might be an earlier pic of him. The dude has been around Hollywood, though. An athlete who knows how to fight:

Rich Ting was born in Los Angeles, California. As a five-sport athlete growing up (including football, basketball, baseball, track and field, and martial arts), he was able to fulfill his childhood dream of playing collegiate football at Yale University, winning an Ivy-League Championship and graduating with a B.A. It was at Yale that Ting began to explore and develop himself creatively as an artist in the theatrical world.

Following graduation, Ting decided to continue his pursuit of academics and attend law school and business school graduating with a dual J.D./M.B.A. degree. It was after graduate school that he decided to switch career paths and venture into the entertainment world.

Ting earned his first-degree black belt at the age of twelve years old in the Korean-based martial arts, better known as Tae Kwon Do, integrating other forms, such as Wing Chun and Jeet Kune Do. With a foundation and background in a variety of martial arts, Ting has also had the opportunity to perform stunts in the following features: "Stand Up Guys" (2013), "The Green Hornet" (2011), "Salt" (2010), "Gamer" (2009), "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" (2009), "Deadly Impact" (2009), "Crank 2: High Voltage" (2009), and "Mask of the Ninja" (2008).

Bio

you do a movie with that high a number of emotions running in it and people are bound to have a few issues prop up.
Yea and if you're the family of the slain and Hollywierd, the media or Politics is involved at all. None of these bottom-feeder pukes are trustworthy in my opinion. But that's just me... Kind of like when Obama said the deaths in Benghazi weren't "optimal" the night after the second debate on a late night comedy show appearance.

But in Hollywood, "Asian" is close enough.

LOL! In hollywood Asian seems to fall into a few catagories. Male asian actors: kung fu badass, triad evil guy, street racer. Female asian actors: sex symbol, kung fu badass, sex symbol kung fu badass. Not being racist, just pointing out the trends hollywood seems to foll. Don't believe me? Go watch The Man With the Iron Fists and tell me I'm wrong :p :p

Back