M4 build thread

7075 This is one of the highest strength aluminum alloys available Its strength-to weight ratio is excellent and it is ideally used for highly stressed parts. It may be formed in the annealed condition and subsequently heat treated. Spot or flash welding can be used, although arc and gas welding are not recommended. It is available in the clad ('Alclad") form to improve the corrosion resistance with the over-all high strength being only moderately affected. Applications: Used where highest strength is needed.

The letter "T' is always followed oy one or more digits. These digits indicate the meathod used to produce the stable tempers, as follows:
-T3 Solution heat treated, then cold worked.
-T351 Solution heat treated, stress-relieved stretched, then cold worked.
-T36 Solution heat treated, then cold worked (controlled).
-T4 Solution heat treated, then naturally aged.
-T451 Solution heat treated, then stress relieved stretched.
-T5 Artificially aged only,
-T6 Solution heat treated, then artificially aged.
-T61 Solution heat treated (boiling water quench), then artificially aged.
-T651 Solution heat treated, stress-relieved stretched, then artificially aged (precipitation heat treatment).
-T652 Solution heat treated, stress relieved by compression. then artificially aged.
-T7 Solution heat treated, then stabilized.
-T8 Solution heat treated, cold worked, then artificially aged.
-T81 Solution heat treated, cold worked (controlled), then artificially aged.
-T851 Solution heat treated, cold worked, stress-relieved stretched, then artificially aged.
-T9 Solution heat treated, artificially aged, then cold worked.
-TlO Artificially aged, then cold worked.
Added digits indicate modification of standard practice.

http://www.ez.org/aluminum.htm

I have two STAG lowers, in boxes on my closet shelf. STAG built the first run of Smith and Wesson M&P rifles, until Smith decided to tool them on their own. As far as the STAG lower, It looks almost identical to my Rock River... and about as MIL-SPEC as you can get.

I agree with you all. Get them now, while you can... magazines are another item you should stock up on as well. I just ordered more Wolf springs for some of my various mags.

On the subject of THIS thread... my M&P 15 that I am using for a launching platform... I just ordered this hand grip. Rails for the front end are next...

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Magpul-MIAD-Pistol-Grip-p/magpul miad full grip - black.htm

Magpul%20MIAD%20FULL%20Grip%20-%20Black-2.jpg

The receivers used by S&W are 7075 T6 aluminum. I can attest, they are very tight... and the blue finish is very even, and very nice. However, it's about to be painted.

For anyone looking to purchase 30 and 40 round AR-15 magazines I received this email from GUNCLIP DEPOT:

"We have received the following ar-15 magazines and they are
available for immediately delivery

Ar-15 30 round parkerized

Ar-15 40 round blued

Ar-15 40 round parkerized

These magazines are manufactured by American magazines.

American magazines is know for producing Factory quality
magazines at an affordable price.

We expect these to sell very quickly so get your order in
now.

Thanks from your friends at
Gunclip Depot

www.gunclips.net

Gunclip Depot
22760 shadygrove cir
wildomar
ca 92595
United States
--
To unsubscribe or to change your contact details, visit:
http://getresponse.com/unsubscribe.html?"

Here is mine. S&w M&P as well. Trijicon ACOG and Surefire rails.

Jordan, which ACOG are you using? I see the mini red dot on top. How do you like that? I have used the 4x32 ACOG with the "iron sights" mounted on top.

I actually prefer the ACOG as my primary sight, once you get the handle on how to use it properly.

I have an EOTech 512 now, for this rifle... just curious as to which ACOG you were using.

Nice looking rifle, that's for sure. The more I shoot this Smith, the more I like it.

LaRue Tactical makes the best rail systems, IMHO and then Daniel Defense "Omega" rail if you don't want to have remove your hider, your FSB and gas tube and delta ring assembly.

The LaRue system uses a propietary locking nut and a "keeper" plate to keep the rail from being twisted during foregrip use and kicking doors. Many a gas tube has been pinched with lesser rail systems under hard duty use. Not good.

I don't like any rails that are propietary to the upper unless it's from Knights, LaRue, Les Baer, etc. The M&P does have a rail system available but in my opinion it's a cheap knock off of lesser quality with little attention to what I've mentioned above.

Just my :2c:

Jordan, which ACOG are you using? I see the mini red dot on top. How do you like that? I have used the 4x32 ACOG with the "iron sights" mounted on top.

I actually prefer the ACOG as my primary sight, once you get the handle on how to use it properly.

I have an EOTech 512 now, for this rifle... just curious as to which ACOG you were using.

Nice looking rifle, that's for sure. The more I shoot this Smith, the more I like it.

Its a 4x32. Crosshair reticle with bullet drop compensator. I do like the Docter sight. 7MOA.. IIRC. I do agree with you that its a great sight once you get a handle to use it properly.

pardus762 said:
I just purchased a Rock River Arms stripped lower receiver. Ive had a woodie so long i'm feeling faint :cool:

I searched for days to try and find one, the only place that has good receivers is gunbroker.com from what I found.

If someone wants or needs one, there's a few left here from complete to partials or completely stripped. Even have a few 10.5 uppers as well:

http://dynamicarmament.com/items/AR-15-LOWER-RECEIVERS/list.htm

Stag Arms has lowers in stock - the wait is only about 10 days. Mine came in the mail today to my FFL dealer.

Did you guys look at the link I posted? Dynamic still has several left (Stag, DPMS, LMT and others)

There still around. You just have to do a little digging. 355.00-675.00 full lowers with stripped lowers from 325.00-399.00

CAL said:
Cool deal bro! How'd she like the Eo?

She actually loved it once she got the hang of it. She is ambidextrous with most things... but she is left eye dominant. So, shooting a long gun, especially with optics, gives her fits.

The EOTech allowed her to shoot it right handed, but still pick up the reticle with her left eye, whilst keeping both eyes open.

All in all, it was a great day. After shooting the AR's, we went over to the pistol side, and proceeded to kill some black circles with several hundred rounds through the 1911's, G34, G35 and G36.

Fun day, fun day.

Thanks for posting your pics GSXRanger. Excellent looking rifles.

www.Botachtactical.com is offering 15% off regular web pricing on all EOTech models. Was wondering how much you paid for yours and is it worth the price? Which model would you recommend?

That package deal that comes with the EOTech 512 is an amazing price. I just called and left a message for them, if they give the 512, the Scope lens cover and the cam lock, all for 399, that's a damn good deal.

I paid $350.00 for my 512 through the HH6's dad. He has a FFL and orders through Sports South.

That is the cheapest I have been able to find on the 512 model. I would recommend the 512, since it uses AA batteries, instead of "N" batts. Unless you plan on using it with Night Vision, the 512 would work fine. If you are gonna use NVG's with it, go with the 552. Same sight, only the 552 is NVG compatible.

IMO, it is WELL worth the money.

I will get back with you once I get in contact with the link you showed. That is a HELL of a good deal, if all three things come with the 399 price tag.

Cheers!

Back