MARSOC- MOS CREATION AND TOURS

From SOI. BRC told us (1st Recon Bn) to stand RIP back up. I'm sure that 2nd was told the same thing. We already have the cadre in place and we will be receiving students shortly. This will only apply for lat movers. BRC will continue to train pipeliners.

OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED. :D

in a quick response to tigerstr's comment, it absolutely, completely in all sense of the meaning is more than enough reason to leave the Corps if you know you're going to get kicked back out to the fleet after only five years in MARSOC. it's a feel good way of making sure someone who didn't make it through selection or never could for that matter, doesn't feel like there's an elitist group of marines out there.
The reason navspecwarfare and army sf does so well is the environment the men who are involved in it maintain. they don't have to worry about making some fat ass who's never went to a&s feel like a lesser Marine. in about ten to 15 years when all of the grandfathered Marines are either booted to the fleet or assessed and selected and went through the no shit marsoc pipeline, Marsoc will be worth being in. until then, there's just too many grandpas and "msosg" with huge socom car window stickers who've never earned their right to be in marsoc hanging around. that's my beef and that's my peace.

I think 2nd Recon is doing something similar as well. Have a few studs that were "talking shit" to one another about how one had to do amphib stuff and the other missed out on it. Small changes are being made, and things are getting a little better all the time.

Belay my last. It wasn't a RIP, but lat-movers did get a taste of some basic reconnaissance training over at 2nd.

Back