Meeting Marcus Luttrell

8'Duece

Marcus was speaking and signing his book "Lone Survivor" tonight at the Cincinnati Main Library @1900 tonight.

I gotta say, his speaking style is much like sitting at a bar over beers and he once injected "fucker" into the speech. There where over 1,000 in attendance and just as many getting their books signed. He didn't smile much but only when the ladies wanted a pic with him after signing their book. :cool:

I did get a couple of pics, soon to come with myself and him. His handsake was firm and he's a real Texas boy at heart.

Pics to be added later.

Damnit, with some notice I could have mailed you my book to get it signed for me. Glad you got to go though.

Actually I didn't even know until this afternoon that the speach and book signing was this evening . :doh:

It was a last minute type of thing and we made it in time. If I had prior notice I would have gladly accepted some books for signing. :cool:

His best quote from his father was....................

"Before you exploit this country you need to serve it" Marcus Luttrell

Well, it's cool you got to meet him.

Mods, could someone pls fix the title's spelling of his name...it's Marcus. 82nd could you do the same in your last post? Thanks. :)

Well, it's cool you got to meet him.

Mods, could someone pls fix the title's spelling of his name...it's Marcus. 82nd could you do the same in your last post? Thanks. :)

Done !

Attachments

• MarcusLuttrell.jpg
    MarcusLuttrell.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 262
Actually I didn't even know until this afternoon that the speach and book signing was this evening . :doh:

It was a last minute type of thing and we made it in time. If I had prior notice I would have gladly accepted some books for signing. :cool:

His best quote from his father was....................

"Before you exploit this country you need to serve it" Marcus Luttrell

Uh, Dude...

Does anyone know if he is on some type of tour? I would like to hear him speak if he makes to Florida.

I cruised the net though Google and couldn't find any real hard dates for other book signings. You may have a better Google fu than me though. :doh:;)

Here is what I found. Unfortunately none of the locations are near me.

Marcus Luttrell Book Tour
July 12, 2007
Thanks to Haole who so kindly stopped by to update us on Marcus Luttrell’s book tour, I was given the itenery for his next stops. If you’re in any of these areas, PLEASE take the time to stop by, shake Marcus’s hand and THANK him for his service and his sacrifices. He will be in my area within the next couple of weeks and I plan to be there to get my book signed. I’ll even take along the 5 copies that will be given as prizes for our Essay Contest, so that each winner receives an AUTOGRAPHED copy of the book. If you’ve not read the write-up I did about Marcus’s book, the day it was released, or would just like to re-read it, you can access it by going here.

Here are the dates:

July 9

Barnes & Noble
Houston, TX

July 10

Barnes & Noble
Austin, TX

July 12

Barnes & Noble
Newport News, VA

July 13

Norfolk Main Store CD13
Norfolk, VA

July 14

AAFES Bragg North Main
Ft. Bragg, NC

July 15

Barnes & Noble
Fayetteville, NC

July 25

Barnes & Noble
Lubbock, TX

July 26

Borders
Dallas, TX

July 27

AAFES Hood Main Store
Killeen, TX

July 30

Barnes & Noble
San Diego, CA

Here is what I found. Unfortunately none of the locations are near me.

Marcus Luttrell Book Tour
July 12, 2007...

I think that's a bit out of date, vicat.

I've browsed the 'Net a bit and it looks like the formal book tour has ended, and that was the dates shown by what vicat found. They are generally in the first year after a book has been published, anyway.

LL

Does anyone know if he is on some type of tour? I would like to hear him speak if he makes to Florida.

Uhh- hate to beat a dead horse here, but he already passed through Florida in either late April or Early May. He had his book signing at the UDT/SEAL museum in Fort Pierce.

Sorry man. My friend went to see him. All good stories. Apparently he's all he's made out to be. Shaped like a tree trunk and a helluva SEAL.

I'll see if i can get some pics from my friend.

July 14

AAFES Bragg North Main
Ft. Bragg, NC

I should be able to be there, not 100% sure though, if any of you were wanting books signed or anything like that.

Thank you for helping me realize my stupidity haha. I take back my offer for all of you!!! haha.

Back