Military Athlete

MA also has the Squad PT sessions that are specifically designed for little to no equipment.

I have the so-called "SFOD-D" training program if you guys want it. Shit aint free from the site so take advantage of my good will.
Its the "horseman program"

Kinda confusing but has good workouts.

The problem with MA is that its hard to do if you dont have all the equipment as most crossfit gyms dont take lightly to you showing up and doing your own thing.

I would like to take advantage of your good will. Will you send it to me?

I posted about the horsemen program a few weeks ago... I sent it out to a few Vetted members on here, still waiting on some feedback if anyone wants to jump on the thread...

For those of you who don't check the MA site very often, there are some new programs out. He has long had an Army and USMC PFT Prep Program, and the Air Force has now been added to the mix. They also JUST added an 8-week water based program dsigned for BUD/S, PJ, and CCT prep. Additionally, there are programs for guys with an arm or leg injury, a program designed around maximizing strength while minimizing mass gain, and a Lower Back Fitness Program. http://militaryathlete.com/page.php?page_ID=12&cart_category_ID=2

In addition to the programs I listed here, Rob has added two more programs to the mix.

There is an 8-week Kettlebell Program:
8 Week Kettlebell program is designed for athletes who already train exclusively with kettlebells, or for those who are interested in doing so.
The first 4 weeks of this program are focused on strength. The final 4 weeks are focused on work capacity.
Strong male athletes will need pairs of kettlebells ranging from 12-32kg to complete the program.
Strong female athletes will need pairs of kettlebells ranging from 8-28kg to complete the program.
Proficiency in the single and 2-handed kettlebell snatch is also encourage for completing this program.

There is also a 6-week Ranger School Prep Program:
6-Week Training Program specifically designed to prepare athletes for Ranger School.

This program has the following end--of-cycle training goals:

1) Achieve Elevated Scores on the Ranger PFT. These include 100x Push ups in 2 minutes, 100x sit ups in 2 minutes, 20x chin ups and completed a 5 mile run in 37:30 (7:30 miles).

2) Ruck several times a week, including 10 miles with 50# Expect a bunch of rucking in Ranger School. The best way to prepare to ruck is to ruck.

3) 135 Second Farmers Carry with 2x 24kg Kettlebells or 2x 55# DumbbellsFarmers carries develop grip strength. A strong grip will help you immensely during team events at Ranger School.

4) 90 reps of Sand bag get ups @ 60# in 10 min. The sandbag getup is our favorite core exercise. A strong midsection is key to durability. The goal here is to build a
strong core to protect your back and vulnerable limbs from the tests and trials ahead. It’s preventative medicine.

5) 5 Rounds of 300m Shuttle every 2:00 minutesThe 300m Shuttle is a classic work capacity conditioning tool.

This program includes these less distinct physical goals: - Build the athlete’s mode-specific aerobic base (running and rucking)
-Prepare the athlete for selection unknowns (we use intense work capacity circuits to accomplish this.
- Build durability - through rucking with a heavy pack, sand bag get ups, and strength training.
- Prepare the athlete mentally and physically for the incredible volume of work you can expect at Ranger School.

ScheduleYou’ll train 5 days a week during this program. Aim to take 2 days a week off for total rest. Here is an outline of the schedule:

Monday (2-a-Day) AM - Ranger PFT
PM - Strength Session

Tuesday - Bodyweight Cals Ladder and Fartlek Run

Wednesday (2-a-Day) AM - Work Capacity and Core
PM - Ruck

Thursday - Work Capacity

Friday - Long Session, Work Capacity + Ruck

I like how the .pdf gives you a list of comprehensive goals to achieve by the end of the program. You have an idea of what you're getting into and working towards from day one. I wanna try to swimming/water based selection one.

Has anyone tried the Ranger School Prep?

Doubtful.... The program was just released on his site this week, so unless there is someone on here that was involved in the creation of it, or got an advance copy somehow, there hasn't been enough time for anyone to do it.

Doubtful.... The program was just released on his site this week, so unless there is someone on here that was involved in the creation of it, or got an advance copy somehow, there hasn't been enough time for anyone to do it.
Gotcha, well I guess I'll give it a go.

Also, for anyone interested in other programs, you might want to check out Joel Jamieson's "Ultimate MMA Conditioning." He trains a lot of big name UFC dudes like Rich Franklin & Pulver. The book & site look a little gimmicky but the book is really in depth. He does an really good job at outlining how to assess where in a program you should start, and what type of stuff to do.
His whole philosophy revolves around your body energy systems (aerobic, alactic, anaerobic), and he does an exceptional job of explaining each system & how it works/ is improves. A lot of what he writes aligns strongly with the jazz I learned in Exercise Phys, Theories & Applications of Strength & Conditioning, & Kinesiology. Once I finish up my current block of training I'll be giving it a go.

Also, I'm sure he's already been mentioned somewhere on this site, Ross Enamait's stuff is balls to the wall, & he is a stand up guy as well. Responds to every email & is as humble as you can get. Some of his warrior workouts will break you off. hard. I attached one of his montages, which studies has shown will put hair on your chest. Check out his site at rosstraining.com. I also have some of his older pdf's that have a crap load of info, workouts, etc. If you are interested, let me know & i'll email them to you.

It's been a few weeks so has anyone incorporated the "Horsemen" program? I've played around with programming it but I have just been hitting my crossfit gym and a PT focused program since I'm home on break.

have you seen the 5/3/1 full body split?
http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1316

If you liked 5/3/1, you may like that. I enjoyed it. Felt light on my feet when i came off it as well.

That looks pretty decent. I'm planning on starting the new year with a mix of Wendler 5/3/1 and 2 days of endurance stuff.

Did you prefer working with the full body split or the regular 5/3/1 system?

That looks pretty decent. I'm planning on starting the new year with a mix of Wendler 5/3/1 and 2 days of endurance stuff.

Did you prefer working with the full body split or the regular 5/3/1 system?

Full body split.. which the only diff really is squatting your deload numbers 3x a week for 6-10 reps. It wasn't anything too demanding, I felt like my leg endurance/strength benefit from doing it that way. I was evening running 12-20 miles a week. I don't adjust my 1MR's after I complete 531 though, I just try to PR the max rep sets, that's probably why I'm able to include running.

Back