Missing/Captured: Bowe Bergdahl

Semantics maybe but those were the claims of the investigating officer testifying for the defense - and were not challenged by the prosecution. Does that not make them facts, at least within the context of the trial?

Not unless he's an expert witness who can testify about the state of mind of the accused. Since he ain't there at the time...nope, it's merely conjecture.

Wonder if that is EXACTLY what the prosecution wants?

Intersecting that Big O wants to try terrorists in Federal court but not Fuckface?

He's a two-star who led the investigation of SSG Bergdahl's disappearance. I would think state of mind requires a psychologist but if he's not an expert witness I don't know who would be.

Semantics maybe but those were the claims of the investigating officer testifying for the defense - and were not challenged by the prosecution. Does that not make them facts, at least within the context of the trial?
Nope. Just because someone said it, doesn't make it a fact. The IO was reporting what he was told, and what Bergdahl said he felt. That doesn't make it true.

What a fucking joke. Might as well burn the UCMJ and delete the Army Values.

That shitbird can vote and own a gun.

'Merica.

What a fucking joke. Might as well burn the UCMJ and delete the Army Values.

That shitbird can vote and own a gun.

'Merica.
There are plenty of otherwise solid performers who make lesser mistakes and suffer worse consequences semi-regularly.

ETA- What Bergdahl did was not a mistake, I was mistaken. What he did was a conscious, negligent, epic fuck up that resulted in considerable loss of resources to include lives.

One of the things I hate the most in today's world is the lack of personal accountability.

One of the things I hate even more than that is the lack of personal accountability in our military. The military should exude personal accountability.

Cases like this spit in the proverbial face of personal accountability.

One of the things I hate the most in today's world is the lack of personal accountability.

One of the things I hate even more than that is the lack of personal accountability in our military. The military should exude personal accountability.

Cases like this spit in the proverbial face of personal accountability.

Agreed.
Every time I'm up for my next NCOER and they ask what I've done above and beyond my duties, I'll respond, "not gone on a gay camping trip with the Haqqani scout group".

c58751f14fd9bbb347e5233b94250ba98909311cdaee14e2cf80fc7db1b427b3.jpg

Just wait till the end of this whole mess and he's out of the military and he files his VA claim......:wall:

There's a problem when you're praying for the VA to be the VA and inadvertently give Bergdahl the justice he deserves.

Back