Muslim Brotherhood... what is this?

mike_cos

Folgore
Verified Military
Here is the Lorenzo Vidino's (RAND) audition to US PSC of INTEL on "Muslim Brotherhood" in the West... very interesting.... (Muslim Brotherhood... WTF...)

For example...:"Founded in Egypt in 1928, the Muslim Brotherhood saw its ideas quickly spread throughout the Arab world and beyond. Today, groups in more than 80 countries trace their origins to the Brotherhood and have adopted various forms and tactics according to the environment in which they operate. Where it is tolerated, as in Jordan, it functions as a political party; where it is
persecuted, as in Syria, it survives underground; and in the Palestinian territories, it took a
peculiar turn and became Hamas."....
More...:"This global movement has a relatively small yet very active presence in most Western countries, including the United States. The formation of these networks follows a similar pattern throughout the West. In the 1960s and 1970s, small groups of Brotherhood militants fleeing persecution in Egypt and other Middle Eastern countries received asylum in Europe and North America."
More....:"Some critics argue that the main goal of Western Brotherhood organizations is to establish sharia law in the West. Unquestionably that prospect looms in the imagination of the Brothers. Tellingly, Yussuf al Qaradawi, the spiritual leader of the global Muslim Brotherhood, stated in a speech delivered in Toledo, Ohio, in 1995: “We will conquer Europe, we will conquer America, not through the sword but through dawa [preaching].”

Enjoy mates enjoy....

We have a Model Arab League at my college (consists of mostly Poli Sci majors). My Arabic II professor & the students of said organization spend the majority of the class talking about how the Brotherhood & Hezbollah are more humanitarian than militant, & how the US foreign policy is an abortion. I'm always interested in hearing other people's viewpoints (even theirs), but I kinda hoped to actually learn Arabic. Yet here I am at the end of Arabic II & all I can do is read it without knowing what it means, & can say my Alif, baa's, & taa's.

We have a Model Arab League at my college (consists of mostly Poli Sci majors). My Arabic II professor & the students of said organization spend the majority of the class talking about how the Brotherhood & Hezbollah are more humanitarian than militant, & how the US foreign policy is an abortion. I'm always interested in hearing other people's viewpoints (even theirs), but I kinda hoped to actually learn Arabic. Yet here I am at the end of Arabic II & all I can do is read it without knowing what it means, & can say my Alif, baa's, & taa's.

Like everything else in life it's all about perspective. If you live in southern Lebanon during the bombing by Israel in 2005 then Hezbollah is a humanitarian organization mostly. If you lived in northern Israel during the same time and were rocket attacked daily by Hezbollah there a terrorist organization.

The Brotherhood is spread out with many different players and many different opinions on how to do business. Hamas which was originally Brotherhood is the same way. They run medical clinics and other social services in there areas. The Hamas government employees actually show up for work unlike the more corrupt Fatah. Hamas can just as easily be a very violent organization.

There pro-Muslim and pro-Arab and there both humanitarian and terrorist depending on the situation and your perspective.

Like everything else in life it's all about perspective. If you live in southern Lebanon during the bombing by Israel in 2005 then Hezbollah is a humanitarian organization mostly. If you lived in northern Israel during the same time and were rocket attacked daily by Hezbollah there a terrorist organization.

The Brotherhood is spread out with many different players and many different opinions on how to do business. Hamas which was originally Brotherhood is the same way. They run medical clinics and other social services in there areas. The Hamas government employees actually show up for work unlike the more corrupt Fatah. Hamas can just as easily be a very violent organization.

There pro-Muslim and pro-Arab and there both humanitarian and terrorist depending on the situation and your perspective.

Ya I see where you are coming from. To clarify, I don't align myself with my college peers views on just about anything, but I it's interesting to listen to their "educated" opinion (or lack thereof). My Arabic professor (if you can call him that) is from Jordan & is a big fan of the aforementiond group(s). One of the Model Arab League chicks just got back from a trip to Lebanon so she is very content spreading her "first hand knowledge" about how the "negative" labels to Hamas, Hezbollah, & the Brotherhood are a result of America's foreign policy & Israel. Plus she's a feminist, so I always have an interesting Monday & Wednesday.

Th3 Maelstr0m: So you attend class with a feminist muslim? How does she reconcile feminism with Islam? Given that women are considered property in much of the Muslim world.

I'd recognize it as the ideological origin of modern fundamental Islam and Islamic terrorism.

Not sure how involved the MB is in financing terrorist organizations though.

Th3 Maelstr0m: So you attend class with a feminist muslim? How does she reconcile feminism with Islam? Given that women are considered property in much of the Muslim world.

Who cares about all that? Was she Jordanian? Was she hot? "Is she still in the house?" Where are the cell phone pics?

You're letting us down Mael.

I have read that the brotherhood's main goal is to restablish the Muslim Empire. The branch in Turkey is pushing for the Ottoman Empire to return with the Caliph of course being in Turkey.

Ottoman Empire...bet the Arabs would dearly love that again. That's gold that is. Oh sorry, they're all brothers. *shakes head*

Oh yeah is right. Arabs are the trailer trash of the region! Everytime I head over there I can't help but thinking you people have been here for at least 3 millenia and well you haven't done much with the place! Looks pretty much the same way as when Alexander the fucking Great marched through there!

Oh yeah is right. Arabs are the trailer trash of the region! Everytime I head over there I can't help but thinking you people have been here for at least 3 millenia and well you haven't done much with the place! Looks pretty much the same way as when Alexander the fucking Great marched through there!

Ever been to Dubai?

Back