Muslim Brotherhood... what is this?

It has the word "muslim" at the beginning of it, nuff said.

There are two types of people who piss me off; those who can't tolerate people of other religions, and muslims.

That being said, obviously my perspective is off due to just being out in the sticks as it were. Did a little research since my last post. Muslims countries were great centers of learning. There are some books out there that I'd like to get my hands on, that discuss what happened in the Middle East. The timeline seems to center around WWI which pretty much did away with the Ottoman Empire.

Let me know what you find out. I'm a bit skeptical about the myth of "great Muslim centers of learning," I'm wondering if they may have been "centers of learning that Muslims conquered," which over time decayed and is why there are no such centers today.

My thoughts exactly. Given that Muslim armies had conquered Spain and southern France and were moving into Eastern Europe. That was at their height around 750 AD. The Crusades didn't begin for another 300 hundred years in 1096 AD.

It has the word "muslim" at the beginning of it, nuff said.

There are two types of people who piss me off; those who can't tolerate people of other religions, and muslims.
Those who cant tolerate Muslims usually cant tolerate them because they do not or are not willing to try to understand them. Its an underlying insecurity some people arent willing to admit.

Accoridng to this, DHS grants Secret clearances to those affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood. Good work Janet! :rolleyes:

Those who cant tolerate Muslims usually cant tolerate them because they do not or are not willing to try to understand them. Its an underlying insecurity some people arent willing to admit.
No insecurity here, but nice try with the backhandedness. I don't need to try and understand anything when I don't see or hear any outcry from the Muslim community at large for the atrocities committed. If you are hinting around that you are muslim and this being the reason for your stance, then I will Ranger up (man up) which no muslim is capable of doing and say it up front that I think all muslims are cowardly scum that will cowtow to the first enforcement of sharia law. No hidden message here, and no religion of peace is there at all in the muslim world. Take that shit elsewhere with your insecurities, or speak up against the shit that is allowed to continue that the cowardly scumbags won't stand up against. I have read the quran so don't tell me I don't understand, I can't help it muslims are weakminded, brainwashed, idiots. Talk about insecure, that's a fucking laugh and a half with how it is taught to treat women in the muslim world. Don't tell me about insecure when it is a religion rife with goat fucking, wife beating, daughter burning douchebags. You my friend are obviously the one who lacks understanding. I also see you are aspiring to be SOF, I suggest you get your head screwed on a little tighter in regard to exactly what the source of the battles you may find yourself in will be.

I admit my comment about development was off. However I can read. For example Muslim armies had conquered Spain and much of southern France and were moving into eastern Europe. That was around 750 AD. The First Crusade did not begin until 1096 AD after Muslims had ransacked the Holy Church of Seplucur. Like Headshot I have read the Koran and spoken with Muslims who have converted to Christianity. Muslims are commanded to kill us and conquer. You should read Icon of Evil: Hitler's Mufti and the Rise of Radical Islam then you might get the right idea. Nazism was just Islam with a different name.

OK folks, let's settle down here and keep this thread on track. Headshot's initial post was clearly meant tongue-in-cheek, since if it was interpreted literally, he couldn't stand himself as well. While I think there are frequently cases when people dislike something that they don't even understand, I think there are an equal number of cases when people don't like something because they understand it thoroughly. I think many people on this site have a broad enough understanding of Islam to make up their minds whether they like it or not; some do, some don't, that's fine.

At the same time, let's not let this thread (or any thread) degrade to the point where we're attacking each other personally or bashing entire cultures, races, religions... whatever based on emotional arguments. That's not good rhetoric and is pressing towards the extreme limits of the site guidelines.

So, about the Muslim Brotherhood...

Roger all sir,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Brotherhood

Beliefs
"The Brotherhood's credo was and is, "God is our objective; the Quran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader; Jihad is our way; and death for the sake of God is the highest of our aspirations."The Brotherhood's English language website describes the "principles of the Muslim Brotherhood" as including firstly the introduction of the Islamic Shari`ah as "the basis controlling the affairs of state and society;" and secondly work to unify "Islamic countries and states, mainly among the Arab states, and liberating them from foreign imperialism".

The link for their website is: http://www.ikhwanweb.com/

Respectfully

Spider6

No insecurity here, but nice try with the backhandedness. I don't need to try and understand anything when I don't see or hear any outcry from the Muslim community at large for the atrocities committed. If you are hinting around that you are muslim and this being the reason for your stance, then I will Ranger up (man up) which no muslim is capable of doing and say it up front that I think all muslims are cowardly scum that will cowtow to the first enforcement of sharia law. No hidden message here, and no religion of peace is there at all in the muslim world. Take that shit elsewhere with your insecurities, or speak up against the shit that is allowed to continue that the cowardly scumbags won't stand up against. I have read the quran so don't tell me I don't understand, I can't help it muslims are weakminded, brainwashed, idiots. Talk about insecure, that's a fucking laugh and a half with how it is taught to treat women in the muslim world. Don't tell me about insecure when it is a religion rife with goat fucking, wife beating, daughter burning douchebags. You my friend are obviously the one who lacks understanding. I also see you are aspiring to be SOF, I suggest you get your head screwed on a little tighter in regard to exactly what the source of the battles you may find yourself in will be.

Mekwt may be an aspiring memeber of SOF, but I have to agree with him. I don't aspire to be SOF, I AM and have been for 14 years. I served in both Ranger Regiment and in the 1st Special Forces Regiment. I faught alongside Muslims on many accounts and look to many of them as my brothers. I would submit to you that there are many Muslims who are much better fighters than many of the Americans that I have been to war with. Believe me when I tell you that they do not "cowtow" to sharia law and are happy to fight to their end to destroy it. I respect your service and have followed your posts for some time. You are a great American, however, please contain the hate mongering. Your experiences do not always illuminate the truth.

Your entire statement is baseless and false, you cant judge the majority by a few dunbasses actions. Islam is nothing about goat fucking nor wife beating, and I know of know one who has burned their daughter. Those who partake in such activities arent muslims.

If we judged the majority by a fews actions all religions would be full of piss & vinegar. Lets look at hitler who identified as christian. Is it fair to label an entire religion based of his actions? I think not.

As far as hinting around about whether I am muslim is childish on your part. I am however married to a Saudi and I recognize all of the monothesis religions but do not really identify with any, nor do I practice any religious activities.

Look bashing something isnt professional on your part, as from what I know you "SOF Professionals" like to maintain a high level of. Your statement above is the opposite and looks like the writings of a Infantry Private who has been brainwashed into believing this shit is the norm in Islam. If you want to learn about Islam, Christianity, Judaism with an open mind, I am willing to teach you.

Marauder06,

Sir you asked me about centers of learning in the Muslim world and the breakdown that occurred following WWI. Here are some books I've added to my reading list.

What Went Wrong?: The Clash Between Islam and Modernity in the Middle East
The Crisis of Islam: Holy War and Unholy Terrror
Bernard Lewis

God's War on Terror: Islam Prophecy and the Bible
I'm embarassed to point out that I had already read the first book. The main premise of the author is during the 1800s the rise of radical Islam led to the rejection of everything Western in Muslim countries.

Second book I haven't touched yet. However I'm about half-way through the 3rd. Walid Shoebat is a converted Christian who was a member of the PLO. He does discuss the Muslim Brotherhood and other "organizations" operating in the Middle East.

Respectfully

Spider6

Plain and simple; I can judge the majority by the actions of a few when there is no outcry from the majority about the actions of the few.

The Hitler argument is weak at best since our Christian nation took up arms to stop the sick bastard. BTW he would be more properly labeled with the occult if you actually new your history.

If you do not practice any religious activities, which I take to mean you don't read anything religious either then yours is completely based on bias by relationship. Have you read the Bible in it's entirety? I will be very surprised if the answer is yes. I have read the Bible more than a few times and the quran as well. It's not childish to hint if you are muslim, when someone takes a statement completely out of context and decides to build an argument on it in defense of islam then the wise stance for me to take is in being prepared to deal with a muslim.

I'm not brainwashed when I can pull up videos of kids hacking off people's heads, I would say it's quite the opposite. You seem to be the brainwashed one, or you just choose to turn a blind eye to it like the rest of islam so you can claim innocence. You want to go toe to toe on theology with me then ring the bell because you obviously have no idea what you will be getting into.

In regards to my previous post. Yes I used to work in a book store. Yes I like to read. No I'm not a nerd.

Back