National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

Additional motion presented for anonymous sequester the jury. Very contentious issue. They will be sequestered through deliberations but not the entire trial. Defense argues this will put them in danger as attorneys on both sides have already received thousands of threats. No decision yet on keeping them anonymous.

A lot of important motions being brought up. Defense will NOT be allowed to bring up prior incidents with Floyd; judge didn't see their relevance.

Perhaps what is most interesting is the individual defense teams don't appear to be aligned. They're kind of pointing fingers at each other, if you will.
The two rookies are being screwed, and those charges need to go away. Plus, the persecution would get two additional witnesses.

Pretrial hearings today for the four officers...and big news...

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman and 3 county attorneys were just disqualified from participating in the George Floyd trial as part of the prosecution. This was done in response to a motion from defense attorneys and is the result of a meeting with the ME, etc. He may now be called as a witness in the case.

We'll see how this all plays out but I view this as a huge blow to the prosecution since Freeman is probably the most skilled on that team.

Attorneys are also rguing for separate trials and potentially change of venue.

I'll get a link when I can.
Follow on to previous (from several sources)...

1. Disqualifying Hennepin County Attorneys
Judge Cahill asked prosecutor Matthew Frank (presenting arguments today) if he "plans on having principal prosecutors from Hennepin County Attorney's Office at the table with them at trial."

"I haven't decided yet," Frank said

"Well i have. They're disqualified."

Judge Cahill removed Hennepin County attorney Freeman and 3 others from the case; they cannot participate as lawyers. It's possible other Hennepin Co. attorneys other than these 4 could assist.

2. Floyd's Criminal History
When the defense proposed presenting evidence related to Floyd's prior criminal history in TX and a prior traffic stop. Judge Cahill asked how it was relevant since the officers didn't know about the prior cases when they encountered Floyd.

One of the defense attorneys argued that it is relevant because Floyd ingested drugs in a prior 2019 traffic stop (I hadn't heard this before). They argued he did the same when Lane and Kueng approached and that it's relevant because they will argue drug overdose as cause of death.

Judge Cahill ruled out using both for now but left the door open for admitting the history of the 2019 traffic stop during trial. To me, this seems very relevant, especially if the defense is presenting overdose as a cause of death.

3. Autopsy
There were actually 3 autopsies/reviews; I was only aware of two; there was the official Hennepin Co ME, the private autopsy by Floyd's family, and an Armed Forces ME review, which I was not aware of but agreed with the official ME

Defense wants the results from the private report. Prosecutors stated they do have the full report. Judge says they cannot call as expert witness unless they share.

In re: to Armed Forces review, prosecutors argued he can't force them to turn over the report. Same thing as previous, then expert will not be allowed to testify.

I found this exchange interesting because, first, I didn't know there was another review, apparently ordered by the state. Second, the prosecution seems very opposed to sharing these additional results.

4. Elevated Charges
Prosecution is arguing for an upward departure, ie. stiffer sentencing. They argued Floyd was vulnerable stating the following: He was handcuffed, treated with particular cruelty, the officers abused their position of authority, the crime was committed by a group of 3 or more, and it was in the presence of multiple children

Judge Cahill doesn't the vulnerability argument fits; It's meant for people who have disabilities, etc. He said the prosecution is just conflating different factors to get an aggravated sentence.

Judge Cahill will have decisions by Oct 15.

Judge considers decisions on combined trial, venue, dismissal in George Floyd case

Last edited:
🎼This is the way my city burns
city burns
city burns. 🎹
this is the way my city burns
all through the night. 🎼

Every fucking inner city cesspool. This was never about racial injustice but rather, scallywags acting the fool, opportunitists.

As I continue to say, if black lives mattered, Philly, Chicago and other places that have a10 fold increase in crime, including kids catching rounds to the head on the corner, there would be outrage.

Crickets. They had their chance, they failed. What's worse are the SJWs from the burbs doing dirt under the guise of racial injustice.

It's all fucking bullshit.

Fires are beings started by antifa jackasses. Listen to the woman's testimony and the description of the perps car.
Witness Account of Arsonists in Oregon
The perps instagram.
1599953673593.png
Photo by Ant on September 11, 2020. Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor, text that says 'ACTION'.

I mean....I like Darn Tough socks, I wear their socks, and it seems every company feels obligated to jump on the SJW train these days, but sheesh. After the 3rd or 4th paragraph they went full retard on the bit....

Inclusion

Not sure this is the right place for this, but given the recent trends against police, I figured it could stay until determined otherwise. Attempted execution of two LASD Deputies this evening in Compton.

Two Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies shot in Compton ambush

The hospital where the officers are being treated became an anti-cop/BLM protest. Was declared an unlawful assembly. A guy and then a female blogger were arrested.

This guy on the ground mentions a "If they start lighting more fires..".

Tbh though, it's unclear who's saying that. I think it's the sheriff's partner.

Edit: This is Washington, not Portland and if you read further, the guy has been put on leave?
There is actually a lot of it going on in Pierce County, where I live. Multiple people caught setting fires about 10 minutes from my house.

‘We got another one’: Second man arrested for intentionally starting brush fire in Pierce County

There is actually a lot of it going on in Pierce County, where I live. Multiple people caught setting fires about 10 minutes from my house.

‘We got another one’: Second man arrested for intentionally starting brush fire in Pierce County
Do you all think this is coordinated activity? How should this be addressed? Is it any different than several years ago when we had ISiS/Al Qaeda inspired attacks? Serious question, is there a line that differentiates the two actions?

How widespread is the problem? I hear nothing about this from my local media.

Back