National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

ETA: How long do these riots peaceful protests continue before they drive centrists towards Trump or maybe even keep potential Biden voters from going to the polls?

It's already starting. Many anecdotal statements about "I've always been a Democrat but..." and "I was a never Trumper, but now..." running around on Social Media. I don't think it has become an exodus yet, but if the "protests" continue, it probably will.

ETA: I almost fell out of my chair when I read @amlove21 endorsing the Nobel Prize for Trump... :D

It's already starting. Many anecdotal statements about "I've always been a Democrat but..." and "I was a never Trumper, but now..." running around on Social Media. I don't think it has become an exodus yet, but if the "protests" continue, it probably will.

ETA: I almost fell out of my chair when I read @amlove21 endorsing the Nobel Prize for Trump... :D
Listen man. I am as surprised as you. But facts is facts.

These are no longer protests, these are events catering to people being assholes. They cowardly hide behind BLM and anything else they can clinig to because how dare you say anything negative about BLM, social justice, whatever narrative exists now. This won't end anytime soon.

Imagine election night if Trump wins in Nov. You'll be able to see the burning cities from space.

ETA: How long do these riots peaceful protests continue before they drive centrists towards Trump or maybe even keep potential Biden voters from going to the polls?

It's certainly a wake up call for November. I better start doing cardio. I know if one of those groups comes by while I'm eating, I can take like two, maybe three. But If I've learned anything jujitsu, I'm throwing up after two and a half minutes cause I'm out of shape. That will be my downfall, not the fourth person.

Strike hard, strike fast!

We had a BLM protest up in Prescott. Prescott is known for being a conservative town and Yavapai County is pretty conservative. I wouldn't say it's a racist place...there's some other towns in AZ I would point you to. But literally what happened was assholes from Phoenix drove up there to do a march and the people who didn't want the BLM violence that occurred in downtown Phoenix in their town and they yelled expletives. In the footage I saw there were no slurs, no Confederate Battle flags. And it all ended peacefully.

But this whole going out and picking a fight thing that we see today is very strange. You can draw parallels to the Civil Rights movement but it is clearly not the same at all, if anything there's way more violence today across the entire country by comparison.

So a lot of Liberal Leaning papers are touting this report from the ACLED...I have no idea who they are. But according to them only 7% of the protests have been violent. I can see a huge number being non-violent. But as I've watched these things nationally and locally I have a HARD time believing that statistic. And if it's true, think about the inordinate amount of damage done by the 7%. Entire cities are going to be plunged into economic depressions.

I also enjoyed the stunt of Biden and Kamala going to Kenosha to talk to Jacob Blake. The #MeToo movement is dead.

Can we have winter yet, they all seem scared of the cold and snow.
I came home to winter yesterday, thank you very much...when I left Colorado on Friday, temps were running near 100°F and the AC was on...when I got back, there was snow on the porch and it was 54°F in the house...I can wait on winter...

Pretrial hearings today for the four officers...and big news...

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman and 3 county attorneys were just disqualified from participating in the George Floyd trial as part of the prosecution. This was done in response to a motion from defense attorneys and is the result of a meeting with the ME, etc. He may now be called as a witness in the case.

We'll see how this all plays out but I view this as a huge blow to the prosecution since Freeman is probably the most skilled on that team.

Attorneys are also rguing for separate trials and potentially change of venue.

I'll get a link when I can.

Last edited:
Additional motion presented for anonymous sequester the jury. Very contentious issue. They will be sequestered through deliberations but not the entire trial. Defense argues this will put them in danger as attorneys on both sides have already received thousands of threats. No decision yet on keeping them anonymous.

A lot of important motions being brought up. Defense will NOT be allowed to bring up prior incidents with Floyd; judge didn't see their relevance.

Perhaps what is most interesting is the individual defense teams don't appear to be aligned. They're kind of pointing fingers at each other, if you will.

Additional motion presented for anonymous sequester the jury. Very contentious issue. They will be sequestered through deliberations but not the entire trial. Defense argues this will put them in danger as attorneys on both sides have already received thousands of threats. No decision yet on keeping them anonymous.

A lot of important motions being brought up. Defense will NOT be allowed to bring up prior incidents with Floyd; judge didn't see their relevance.

Perhaps what is most interesting is the individual defense teams don't appear to be aligned. They're kind of pointing fingers at each other, if you will.

Interesting takes. please stay on top of this.

Back