National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

I will say this and as an Admin you can call me what you want. I ask the rest of the staff not to jump in. Because this is a sensitive matter. I will not ban anyone because of their response, this is just me speaking. This is just ridiculous, loot for a death of a man. This is not a protest, this is anarchy. Martin Luther protested. I personally would authorize lock and load at this time. This shit would end really quickly, because none of them would give up their life for the cause or a large screen. You want to protest, the protest. This is rioting. Game on

Back to a comment about this being about systemaric racism v. someone just being an asshole.

What is really being "protested"? Has anyone actually seen ANYBODY try to defend Chauvin's actions? I haven't...and that's unusual these days.

So, it seems pretty clear to virtually everyone that what took place was wrong. As a result, just as expected the perpetrator is being prosecuted and investigation continues.. So, does that make this evidence of systemic racism? That's a bit if a leap. However, that's the argument "protesters" are using. This is a bit of myth v. fact; perception v. reality.

This isn't to suggest racism doesn't exist. Does it exist at some systematic level as is being argued? Is this evidence of it? That's still too big a leap for me. We live in a world where people have a twisted view of reality, are far too easily manipulated, and unwilling to accept personal accountability. These factors fuel the perceptions held by those protesting. What exactly is the change they want to see occur?

Last edited:
I will say this and as an Admin you can call me what you want. I ask the rest of the staff not to jump in. Because this is a sensitive matter. I will not ban anyone because of their response, this is just me speaking. This is just ridiculous, loot for a death of a man. This is not a protest, this is anarchy. Martin Luther protested. I personally would authorize lock and load at this time. This shit would end really quickly, because none of them would give up their life for the cause or a large screen. You want to protest, the protest. This is rioting. Game on

And Martin Luther also understood why his contemporaries rioted, even though he didn't agree with it.

People always like to bring up how they'd support the Civil Rights movement if "they were alive" back then; but comments about being down to shoot protestors says otherwise.

The riots are trash, but I'm not about to kill other Americans for some buildings.

You want to protest, the protest.
I agree with you want to protest, protest.

Separately, I also believe protecting people and their person, is important.

I also feel like there is so much information I can't even discern what is actually happening. Shit is wild. I'm glad for this forum because it cuts through the confusion, a bit. People on my social media are going crazy from every direction.

And Martin Luther also understood why his contemporaries rioted, even though he didn't agree with it.

People always like to bring up how they'd support the Civil Rights movement if "they were alive" back then; but comments about being down to shoot protestors says otherwise.

The riots are trash, but I'm not about to kill other Americans for some buildings.

I am. Those people's property and those people specifically who own that, didn't fucking kill that guy. You wanna throw hands? throw hands at who matters, and go bow up to the man's riot control lines, not Jim Bobs fucking Whisky Emporium or Laqifguano's Hair Bazzar and BBQ.

You want to just thrash peoples shit for no fucking reason, you're just as much of a problem.

Would I build a business front in an urban area where shit's historically gone down, hardened, so you couldn't break in and loot in the first place? Yes.

Would I use LTL first to try to convince retreat? Yes.

But all said and done, your "right to protest" ends right at the fucking doorstep of MY GODDAMN PROPERTY.

These aren't protesters anymore.

MC just brought something to me that made me chuckle heavily.

Due to the economic issues from the COVID shutdown, there's a program where there's a rotation for high ranking people within the FD, PD, etc to rotate in/out of unpaid furlough.

Right now, it's the Chief of Police's unpaid time off.... his XO or whoever is having to handle this bullshit. LOL

I am. Those people's property and those people specifically who own that, didn't fucking kill that guy. You wanna throw hands? throw hands at who matters, and go bow up to the man's riot control lines, not Jim Bobs fucking Whisky Emporium or Laqifguano's Hair Bazzar and BBQ.

You want to just thrash peoples shit for no fucking reason, you're just as much of a problem.

Would I build a business front in an urban area where shit's historically gone down, hardened, so you couldn't break in and loot in the first place? Yes.

Would I use LTL first to try to convince retreat? Yes.

But all said and done, your "right to protest" ends right at the fucking doorstep of MY GODDAMN PROPERTY.
I mean, they burnt down the police precinct, so I'd say that's throwing hands at the man.

I'm at the point where I'll trust business owners to defend their property over anyone in the Police force or National Guard from doing so. So you with a gun/CS gas? All for it.

I'm also for community defense, like the videos @racing_kitty @R.Caerbannog and myself have shared

No leadership in Mpls for the 4th straight night.

Dispersing the crowds shouldn't be a huge solve. It's 57 degrees right now. Bring out the fire hoses. No one enjoys being cold and wet. Order has to be restored.

Last edited:
Back