National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

HH6 has been working from home for 11 weeks. The AGO was phasing workers back into HQ...well she just got an email stating that everyone is being evacuated from government buildings. IN PHX! It's 110F right now!

A little trickier in MN, especially if it's a business. Lethal force can be used to protect life, not property. You'd be rolling the dice and better have a solid explanation.

Minnesota law won't excuse killing to protect property

It's not trickier, you just have a comprehension problem (not meant in an offensive manner).

If the "OCCUPIED" box is checked on a structure and arson is attempted, basically anyone is free to canoe said arsonists skull in defense of self or others.

Check your own laws, but every state I've lived in worked as such.

If the "OCCUPIED" box is checked on a structure and arson is attempted, basically anyone is free to canoe said arsonists skull in defense of self or others.
100% true. As they say in MN Carry Classes:
- You can shoot to protect your car if you are in the car; but you cannot shoot to protect your car from the house.
- You can shoot to protect your house once they are 'in' your house...but you cannot shoot them on your front yard *

* I'll take my chances if they have a can of gas and rags in their hands.

It's not trickier, you just have a comprehension problem (not meant in an offensive manner).

Check your own laws, but every state I've lived in worked as such.
I don't disagree and have no issue upholding that viewpoint, in principle. The key is to ensure others see it the same, sometimes easier said than done, especially in certain crowds. Thus, the "trickier" part. Other states make this easier to defend.

Last edited:
Hating this for the mentality bolded above. I've seen/heard repeatedly from the pro-looter crowd as though it somehow excuses their actions or makes it acceptable in some idiotic way. 👎
It doesn’t excuse their actions, but I also won’t get particularly upset if Target or Autozone get looted. What I’m attempting to do is draw a strong distinction between the items being looted (which are replaceable) and the lives being threatened here (which are not). Pull a knife on someone to defend your life, or the life of your loved ones. Don’t pull a knife to prevent a $50 microwave from getting jacked

Back