National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

One of the things I've seen regarding police reform I most agree with is the idea of a community council that is allowed to review footage of shootings with senior members of the PD.
The theory is that these influential community members (religious leaders, activists, etc) would be able to relay the perceived accuracy of the incident report, hopefully reducing the amount of people who'd be out protesting/rioting.
I think it would also be beneficial for that civilian committee to undergo some type of police training to better understand the situation the cop was in.

I think it would also be beneficial for that civilian committee to undergo some type of police training to better understand the situation the cop was in.
It's amazing to me that more civilian leadership doesn't take advantage of ride-along programs. I have even seen departments that don't have those programs allow their civilian leaders the opportunity to ride with them and see LE's interactions with the public. It could be of great benefit, but is rarely exercised.

It's amazing to me that more civilian leadership doesn't take advantage of ride-along programs. I have even seen departments that don't have those programs allow their civilian leaders the opportunity to ride with them and see LE's interactions with the public. It could be of great benefit, but is rarely exercised.
I wouldn't be surprised if that information isn't widely known. If a program exists it's up to the organizations to broadcast it and inform the public. Positive interactions will only receive more support. Gotta sell it for it to happen.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if that information isn't wildly known. If a program exists it's up to the organizations to broadcast it and inform the public. Positive interactions will only receive more support. Gotta sell it for it to happen.
Indeed. I use to invite individuals to ride with me during the weekend night shifts since those were the most active shifts and would give people the most bang for their time invested. Many times I invited Pastors since they are generally a trusted source by large groups of the population. Other times I would invite leadership from various groups with influence throughout the area. Some did it...some didn't, but I always felt that those that did walked away from the experience with a different outlook on LE as a whole.

If a program exists it's up to the organizations to broadcast it and inform the public. Positive interactions will only receive more support. Gotta sell it for it to happen.
COPS and Live PD were cancelled as was Adam-12 before that.

:ROFLMAO:

Damn hippies playing their rock & roll music on their record players at full volume. Gosh darn it and dad blast it!

I didn't know how much of a bag of ass LA County elected to the DA's office. But I had heard things. But this is a big one. His entire prosecutor force is moving to open rebellion. Things like bail reform only lead to more crime, you will not be able to convince me otherwise. Literally all of his policies will create more crime.

LA Prosecutors Union Challenge DA Gascon’s Sweeping Policy Changes

This is an excellent idea.

I also think that this and a predetermined number of the ride-alongs @Sohei mentioned should, at a bare minimum, be prerequisites for any non-LEO professionals in jurisdictions that are considering more integrated responses to certain 911 calls to have before being permitted to augment police responses to them.

Ride-a-long changed my perspective when it comes to day to day life of a LEO. Most PDs in AZ have the programs, and generally no elected official cares to use them, there's one asshole city councilman in Phoenix proper that just hates cops, the Chief has invited him numerous times and he just won't go.

Interesting. Do you think that would make a difference to the people who are out doing the rioting? I kind of doubt it.
I think it would make a difference for the people who don't trust the police narrative, would go to a site to protest, and become either a standby or active participant to a riot.

I agree with what @Sohei said, in that you will always have some bad actors finding anyway to start problems. I also understand that mob mentality is a lot easier to influence the larger and more volatile the crowd is.

The idea from a LE positive standpoint is that community review councils would help to limit the influence of these bad actors by reducing the number of people in the streets.

The idea from a community activism standpoint is that it would help prevent false narratives and attempted coverup by PDs.

Well… Standby to standby.

Officer involved shooting in Minneapolis, sounds like it was during a traffic stop and the officer may have shot/killed the driver.

Officers are attempting to cordon off the scene but “people” are beginning to flood the area.

Sounds like it is very close to where George Floyd was killed.

This is the Twitter page I follow most often for up-to-date information.

@CrimeWatchMpls
Police bodycam video embedded within news article.

After watching; especially the ‘slow mo’, it appears the driver shot at the cops from within the car....with the window still closed. Fortunate for the officers, but I’ll bet that echoed in the car a bit!

Bodycam footage of fatal Minneapolis police shooting released

Police bodycam video embedded within news article.

After watching; especially the ‘slow mo’, it appears the driver shot at the cops from within the car....with the window still closed. Fortunate for the officers, but I’ll bet that echoed in the car a bit!

Bodycam footage of fatal Minneapolis police shooting released

So, after re-watching on a different site because videos didn't come up on that link for me, so no slow mo :(. There appears to already be a damaged window before the officer begins firing.

Police release bodycam footage of fatal south Minneapolis shooting

Different subject: 25 years in prison for airsoft guns?

Forest Hills Woman Hit With Weapon Charge Over Fake Guns: Report

Ride-a-long changed my perspective when it comes to day to day life of a LEO. Most PDs in AZ have the programs, and generally no elected official cares to use them, there's one asshole city councilman in Phoenix proper that just hates cops, the Chief has invited him numerous times and he just won't go.
His opinions should be annotated with that fact in the city council meeting minutes. Ignorance (especially of a willful variety) is more dangerous than even poverty and want. "Beware the boy."
Lessons From A Christmas Carol: Ignorance and Want

4 years of terror?

Uhh, the only thing I'm scared about in Portland is when I have to play Frogger for reals on the highways.

Generally speaking the first Autonomous Zone occurred in Portland and it lasted 6 months. There's plenty of other incidents to talk about in that place that could have been easily stopped in between then and now but the limp pols decided to not stand erect.

ETA: yes I was being a smidge hyperbolic.

Last edited:
I remember seeing Abbott tweeting in response to some Austin defunding police stuff. But here's one of the latest things that came out in response to Dallas.

Memo Outlining New Dallas Police Directive to Not Respond to Some Calls Released, Quickly Rescinded

On the legislative agenda for the State of Texas is defunding municipalities that defund their law enforcement agencies.

Gov. Abbot has been doing a pretty damn good job. Trying to keep businesses going and light govt restrictions.

Back