National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

Then there is the NFAC, the Atlanta-based Not Fucking Around Coalition. Unlike the Panthers, non-violent, 2A supportive but with a BLM agenda. Do I have a problem with this? None at all. The more the merrier. Maybe we can all find some common ground in our love for firearms. And hopefully these cats don't run into a big group of white dudes with ARs and they all feel obligated to annihilate each other.

Protesters.jpg

Last edited:
You know, even in Europe where they had dedicated riot police that have to go toe to toe with Antifa all the time, Yellow Vests, etc.

Guess what they don't roll out for riot control? Crew Served Weapons.

I think most people stay willfully ignorant on external issues. It's like the same people are always thinking of how Americans are viewed by random countries.. meanwhile Paris was up in full on riots between firemen and police... The yellow vest "protests" were insane to watch and I bet the vast majority of Americans are completely ignorant of it.

You know, even in Europe where they had dedicated riot police that have to go toe to toe with Antifa all the time, Yellow Vests, etc.

Very true, crew served is a bit of a stretch....but Europe is also able to use their military for every day domestic security.

Um.

Pretty sure these all qualify as "crew served" when we're talking about riot control weapon systems...

Um.

Pretty sure these all qualify as "crew served" when we're talking about riot control weapon systems...

I know we're being pedantic here...but that's not what she was talking about. However, since we're now in the fully fledged age of Antifa in this country I wonder if we're going to have specialized riot police?

Everyone feels this way about police who enforce laws they want to violate.

Sure.. but this wasn't a law. a violation of a city ordinance is not criminal and at best a fine. The cop quite literally escalated and continued to escalate inside a private establishment. He also suggested that he was not being cooperative after he had been disarmed and was indeed just standing there.

Sure.. but this wasn't a law.
Yes, it was.

Ordinance

Ordinance​

A law, statute, or regulation enacted by a Municipal Corporation.

An ordinance is a law passed by a municipal government. A municipality, such as a city, town, village, or borough, is a political subdivision of a state within which a municipal corporation has been established to provide local government to a population in a defined area.

a violation of a city ordinance is not criminal and at best a fine.
Nothing about this challenges what I said.
The cop quite literally escalated and continued to escalate inside a private establishment.
This often happens when dealing with noncompliant lawbreakers.
He also suggested that he was not being cooperative after he had been disarmed and was indeed just standing there.
And he is welcome to challenge that officer on his home turf - in court.

The moment the officer began the encounter he was hostile to the dude. He literally left the building, then the officer chased him with his taser drawn and was a complete and utter dickhead. He was literally compliant.

The moment the officer began the encounter he was hostile to the dude. He literally left the building, then the officer chased him with his taser drawn and was a complete and utter dickhead. He was literally compliant.
And if he wants to argue compliance in court against the camera footage, well.. good luck to him, then!

Curious where that was filmed. Seems like the guy was getting ready to say something about the governor.

I know in Florida, our governor said that mask laws and ordinances are illegal to enforce. Maybe the same situation where this was filmed?

I do think it was dumb that the cop told the man to leave, then followed him out of the store to have his power trip. Maybe if he started the encounter with the slightest bit of mutual respect, or even a tone that showed something other than hostility, he might have received the same in return.

Back